Chapter 18 - A Closure

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter18~

"Welcome..."

Joohyun halted her footsteps when the familiar joyful voice rang in her ears. She looked up to the man who was forbidden to step foot in the café, Jung Hoseok.

"Mind to share why are you here?" she checked on him from head to toe, "in this apron..."

Hoseok remained silent and winked playfully at Joohyun leaving her dumbfounded at the doorstep watching him walking away and joined Alice at the coffee counter. Seungwan noticed Joohyun's presence and immediately walked up to her best friend.

"You came," Seungwan held on Joohyun's arm pulling her over to the upper floor.

Joohyun stared still on the familiar smile she once seen daily, when Seungwan was still leading a happy life with Hoseok. Taking a seat, Joohyun felt something changed. "Did I miss anything? You looked comfortable with him around, I believe nobody dare to let him in if it's not you who lift up his forbidden tag."

"I saw you came out from YJ Tower the other day," Seungwan eyed on the fair lady, ignoring her earlier interrogation. "With Taehyung announcing your relationship to all of us, does that mean you guys are official now? Are you mad?"

"I won't tell you anything till you spill the beans, first," Joohyun crossed her arms before her chest and leaned against the seat.

Seungwan sighed, "all thanks to you..."

-3 days ago-

"Liar!"

Seungwan halted her hands from locking the door and whirled around to the owner of the familiar voice. "Yah, what did you call me?"

Hoseok walked up to her, "am I wrong? You said that you'll talk to me and I waited for your call."

She rolled her eyes and went back to locking the main door of the café. "For someone who wants to beg for forgiveness, shouldn't you be the one calling me?"

Snatching the set of keys from her hands, Hoseok unlocked the door and pulled Seungwan into the café before turning on the lights.

"I know, that's why I'm here."

"Yah Jung Hoseok," Seungwan withdrew her hand from him, "you don't look like you're asking to be forgiven at all. How could you drag me in and did I say I want to speak to you now?"

"Seungwan-ah, don't you think you've tortured me enough?" his voice was low and regretful.

She sighed, placing her sling bag on the counter, she walked away "what do you want to drink? I'll only give you an hour."

"That's generous," he smirked, knowing she's softening "WenHope, I miss that drink."

She busied herself with the coffee machine, "you know very well I've discontinued that drink."

"You can always have it back."

"That drink..." she hesitated, "it's died along with little angel. It will no longer exist the moment you sign the paper."

He walked up to her stopping her from meddling with the machine and give him all the attention he needed. "There's no other way, you know I can never risk your life. At that point of time, even if I'd choose little angel, you both might have died during the waiting time. There's no other option for me, I need you to be safe."

"That's because right from the start you never wanted little angel, that's why you could sign on it so easily," her empty stare was hurting Hoseok.