Chapter 3 - An Offer

Taehyung made a trip back to the Kim Mansion after watching Joohyun reached home safely. He needed to retrieve something he had left in his room years ago. As he opened the door and walked into the mansion that was filled with woeful silence, he was welcomed by the maidservants. They were sending signs to him to not enter the main living room. Almost instantly, he got the signal and tried to make his way towards the long flight of stairs to his room but he was stopped by a grumpy voice.

"Look at him, he doesn't even want to greet us now," Mrs. Kim purposely said loud enough to draw her son's attention.

"Appa, eomma..." Taehyung bowed as he walked towards them. "I didn't know you all are back from Boston."

"Of course you don't," Mrs. Kim sneered. "I bet you don't even remember today was your wedding announcement. I'm sure Jimin would have preempted you beforehand." She rolled her eyes, annoyance laced in her mocking smile. "Your fiancée was there, Kim Taehyung."

"Her presence, our attendance was originally not in the agenda," Taehyung's brow furrowed.

Mr. Kim knew his son's patience was wearing thin, he paced up to Taehyung and held on his shoulder before whispering "she purposely made adjustment to her schedule in the States to attend today's press conference but unexpectedly the groom to be was missing in action." He nudged on his son's side body, "your eomma was furious this afternoon."

Suppressing his vexed face expression, he said "Thought you both would have stayed at hyung's place a little longer if not I would have make some arrangement with the PR team."

"I've arranged it but you chose to be an escapee," his mother was very upset and didn't want to stop.

"Tch! Eomma..." Taehyung gave a grimace of irritation which earned him a smack on his back from Mr. Kim.

"behave..." the older man muttered and walked up to his wife, holding on the small of her back "go up and rest, you didn't even rest a bit since we touched down this morning."

Turning over to Taehyung with a hard glare, Mrs. Kim scoffed "look at us, two old abandoned parents. The first one went to Boston for the violin and another who is in Korea don't even come back to check on us after moving out. How pathetic we are..."

"Ya, ya, ya, quickly go up and rest," Mr. Kim escorted his grumpy wife towards the flight of stairs. Turning over to his youngest son, he smiled teasingly "Happy seeing her transformed into an angry mama?"

A smile grew on his face before looking up again at his father, "It wasn't my intention at all, I came back to get something only."

"Do you have some time to spare for this 'old abandoned man'" he imitated Mrs. Kim's tone.

Taehyung nodded his head with a smile and followed Mr. Kim to the topiary garden of the mansion. "I was brewing some tea before you came back and your mum's fussy voice drew my attention."

"How is hyung in Boston?" Taehyung asked before taking a sip on the tea.

"Great of course," Mr. Kim shrugged and the earlier smile on his face disappeared. "I mean, that's what he loves most, other than great I don't even know what other word I can describe him."

"You miss having him around."

Crossing his arms before his chest, Mr. Kim sighed "wouldn't it be good if he could work with you in YJ Group? Then you wouldn't be so overwhelmed with work. I'm getting old, there'll come a time when I need to step down."

"But you can't bear watching hyung suffer doing something he doesn't like, aren't you?"

Mr. Kim smiled "why do I feel you sound sour?"