Chapter 4 - The contract

warning: this chapter contains rated scene

At dawn, Joohyun exited YJ Tower in fear that she would be seen by anyone. She was hoping that there won't be any employee who would come to work at this early hour. Walking down the road that was covered with shriveled leaves; the restless lady placed her hands into her trench coat pockets. This autumn the temperature was exceptionally low; she could feel the chilling breeze brushed through her bangs. As she walked into the park nearby, she took a seat at one of the bench; her head hung low with her ebony curls touching her arms. Her phone vibrated again. She knew her phone had been vibrating the whole night, but she wasn't able to give her attention to it as the man who claimed her last night; never let her move away from him for even a second. Just like the terms stated in the contract, she is a property he owns. Taking out her phone from her coat pocket, she checked on the messages.

[Joohyun-ah, are you still practicing at the orchestra? You never answer his calls; he is going crazy any time soon.]

-Taeyeon unnie

[Joohyun-ah, are you staying out tonight? It's getting real late already. Where are you?]

-Baekhyun oppa

[Joohyun-ah, you are making everyone worry, answer your phone!]

-Baekhyun oppa

[Bae Joohyun, you won't want me to make a scene at Yoon Hwa Orchestra. Return my call once you see my messages.]

-Baekhyun oppa

"Shit!" she got up from the bench and hurried her way towards the bus-stand.

Taeyeon had been trying to make her husband calm down as he had intended to make a trip to Yoon Hwa Orchestra. She knew Baekhyun was worried about his sister. Joohyun has always kept the elders informed on her whereabouts and they would not interfere for as long as she keeps them informed. Instead of being upset or angry with Joohyun's sudden disappearance, she knew Baekhyun was worried that the same incident happened seven years ago after Joohyun's graduation would happen again. She remembers very well that Joohyun had locked herself in the practice room and fainted due to exhaustion without anyone knowing. No one dare to ask what happened nor did she intend to tell any of them.

"Baekhyun-ah, maybe her phone ran out of battery that's why she can't respond to your messages," Mrs. Bae said with calmness, she was somehow happy that Joohyun is missing. She knew well where she is and whom she is with.

"Eomma don't you remember how we found her in eemo's school?" Baekhyun brushed his fringe to the back, restlessly. "I can still get through the line, she's not answering. What if something happens? How can you still be so calm?" He was infuriated by his mother's cool statement.

"You do know she hated how we bother her with trivial matters during her practice," Mrs. Bae seated with relaxation on the couch. "Give her some freedom and stop being an overprotective freak."

"He's calling me a freak, chincha" he rolled his eyes and turned to Taeyeon.

"Young lady Joohyun," the housekeeper held on her small hands, checking on her making sure she is alright. "Is everything okay, did anything happen?"

"I'm fine, ajuhmma," she patted on the housekeeper arm.

"Yah Bae Joohyun," Baekhyun walked up to her, his voice was laced with half annoyed and half relief. "You made all of us worried sick, why didn't you answer your phone? Where did you go missing the whole night?"

With her lowered head, Joohyun uttered "Sorry oppa, I was too immersed with my new music composition and didn't noticed your calls and messages. I was at Seungwan's place last night." She didn't dare to look into her brother's eyes worried that he would notice her puffy eyes. "I'm tired I'll go back to my room first."