Chapter 13 - It's only a fake love

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 13~

"I was just growing a flower can't be bloomed, dreaming a dream that can never come true..."

"Kim Taehyung, what's with all the bruises, were you fighting again?"

His heart skipped to a beat the moment he heard the sweet, calming voice he missed over the month. The anguish frown on his face faded almost instantly. He was fighting with the urge inside not to pull the petite girl in his arms.

"Do you still care about me? Isn't it none of your concern anymore?" his voice was low and frail. "You didn't even reply to any of my texts," he got up from the bench and ever so slowly, he paced up to Joohyun through the thick snow.

"Today is the day..." Joohyun looked away, avoiding his tormenting eyes.

Pulling her into his embrace, he closed his weary eyes "don't...don't say it..." his voice was shaking, hands around her waist were trembling. The fact that he was dreading to face was bound to be revealed, the fear of losing her, his love. "Don't say what you don't mean."

Closing her eyes, she bit her quivering lips, painfully "You're not the right person for me. That's my answer, I'm sorry."

His face cringed in pain at the answer he feared most, "no, I don't believe you..." he pulled away from her and held tightly on her shoulders "that's not the truth, what happened? Why is the sudden change, did Jennie said something to you? I know you do have feelings for me, isn't it?" his cold hands reached out to her face but was harshly pushed away by Joohyun.

Hardening her aching heart, she scowled "I didn't want to hurt you but since you're asking for the hard way," she looked up to him, emotionlessly "Just like what we had promised one another in the beginning, we would part way after the graduation. It's over, it's ended. You get it?"

"I can feel that you love me too..."

Joohyun cut him off, a glint of dark in her malevolent eyes, "you mean the feeling you got from the kiss and intimacy that we shared?" she snorted, crossing her arms over her chest "I never thought you would be this innocent, it's just a kiss. It meant nothing to me, I could do it with anyone."

Taehyung shook his head, biting on his lower lip. His fists tightened so hard that the knuckles were turning white, "you're lying, the Bae Joohyun I know it's not even a tiny bit like that."

A mocking smile escaped from her lips, "you're more naïve than what I expected you to be. True, I did show you some love. I did 'pretend' to look like I love you. But that's because you might be the heir of YJ Group." taking a seat on the bench, she continued "if you're to write your own future without stepping foot into the group, then you're just nothing."

"What about the promise of not leaving me?" tear entered his eyes as the promises they shared during the trip replayed in his mind. He was gasping in pain.

"If I never say that, would you even give me your trust, would you fall for me?"

"What about this?" he grabbed hold on her arms and yanked her up with a strong strength. Holding on the necklace clasped around her neck, he asked "why are you still wearing it?"

"Taehyung-ssi, it's a platinum necklace..." she removed it and shoved it into his hand "I'll return this back to you if it could end things smoothly. It's all a lie, take it as a trip I've brought you to visit a dream that let you experienced love. When you get up tomorrow, everything will be fine."

He laughed miserably, a tear dropped from his eyes of sorrow. "Well done Bae Joohyun, you've done so well. I bet my mother had given you a bunch of money to change me."