Chapter 17 - Vulnerable Us

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter17~

"I can explain-"

"I don't need any explanation," Taehyung interjected as he loosened his tie before looking at Joohyun with his dangerous eyes. His menacing stare was making her feel uneasy and unknowingly, she stepped back when he walked up to her. "It seems you don't understand what I said this morning, when I'm telling you so nicely," he patted on her silky hair, before whispering into her ear "wear nothing, only the bathrobe and wait for me in the room."

Her heart was drumming in frantic beats for he sounded undoubtedly same as the first time when she came home late, maybe even scarier. The time she first witnessed the bizarre side of Taehyung, a side which made her cowered in fear. Piece by piece, she took off her jacket and dress before reaching out to the robe with her cold trembling hand. Each and every passing minute caused mental anguish to her. She wasn't sure what Taehyung is up to and from his minacious look, she was sure it would not be as simple as him punishing her mentally. The great ominous feeling was killing her inside.

When the door handles wiggled, she squeezed on her robe unknowingly. Her petrifying eyes travelled to his cold pair which laced with loathe and disgusts. She limped backwards when her vision made contact with the familiar things in his hands, he made sure the door is locked before walking up to her.

"T-Taehyung...what are those?"

"Things that could tame the wild side in you," he paced up to her and she continued stepping back and when her heels hit on the bed, she fell sitting on it with him placing the things next to her. Holding on the back of her head, he whispered maliciously into her ear "tonight, I'll show you how should a whore be punished!"

-

Getting into his car, Jin was worried about Joohyun after seeing Taehyung's strange behavior. Concerned that he would do something to Joohyun, Jin tried contacting Jimin but to no avail, the latter didn't answer his calls. Left with no choice, Jin hastily rushed to Jimin's apartment.

Meanwhile, Jimin had a hard time getting into his apartment after the reunion dinner last night. Seulgi literally forbid Jimin from entering the apartment to an extent that she changed the door's password. Jimin only got to get into his property after retrieving the emergency key of the door however, Seulgi refused to speak to him. Her ignorance made him helpless.

"Baby, listen to me, will you?" Jimin kneeled before his fiancée who was seated on the leather couch, "there's nothing we should talk about. Joohyun is your friend too, how could you stay silence and not do something knowing this relationship is wrong!" she stood up and flicked his hand off hers.

"Seulgi, there're lot of things you don't understand," Jimin's voice was low.

"You know about it right from the beginning, didn't you?" Seulgi's eyes were in rage when Jimin stayed silent to her question.

"How could you betray her? Did he threatened her to sell her body to him in order to save her family?" Seulgi bit her lips.

His silence proved her ridiculous guess was right.

"There are many ways to help her family, selling her body to Kim Taehyung shouldn't be the last resort, Park Jimin!" Seulgi flared up, tears entering her eyes. "Do you know what disappoints me most, it's you have your way to control Taehyung but you didn't stop him from having this doomed relationship happening."

"Taehyung needed Joohyun," Jimin finally spoke, "he needed her to keep him sane, she's the only person who could save him. I wish I could have done this earlier, perhaps things would have been better."