Chapter 16 - Calm before the storm

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 16~

"Yoongi hyung is here," Jimin informed, "you're not going to kill him for what happened right?"

Looking away from his phone, his smile faded "Park Jimin, stop being a drama king. Indeed, Seulgi influenced you too much."

Jimin had a lopsided smile, "he's at the usual meeting room, all cleared."

Taehyung patted on the elder man shoulder before exiting his office. Walking down towards the quiet corridor of the unused meeting rooms, Taehyung brought himself into the room he always has the hidden meeting with the older man.

"We're not supposed to meet till next week for our bi-weekly meeting, it must be a new discovery that brought you here earlier," Taehyung took a seat before Yoongi, "I assume."

The composed banker lowered his head, a smile plastered on his stoic face "you may say that."

"How's things for you in Seoul Investment Bank," Taehyung crossed his leg, "it has been quite some time since you took on the new role."

"Well, things are progressing perfectly fine, I believe you've gotten my email on the reports."

Taehyung nodded his head and glanced through the file he downloaded on his tablet while waiting for the man before him to brief him further.

Yoongi started off with Taehyung's most concerned item, "Last month income for SH Enterprise has increased 15% and year to date numbers looks positive, they should end the year in green based on the forecast, even if it's on worst case scenario assumption." He continued, "Baekhyun is very curious on the person behind H&H and requested to meet many times, but I have managed it, just in case he doesn't buy my idea anymore I'm sure he would approach you."

The younger man nodded his head while looking through the charts on the executive summary.

"But there's one thing I need to highlight to you, Kim Young Chul seems to be back to daunt SH Enterprise," Yoongi sighed, "this man it's really a tough one."

Nodding his head again, Taehyung placed his tablet on the table "we had been having belligerent meetings ever since appa made the announcement but I'll manage him, don't worry. Just make sure to keep Baekhyun and team safe."

Yoongi pursed his lips, from his tone of voice, he knew the instruction to safeguard SH Enterprise is stern and firm. The banker continued reporting to him on all his personal businesses and properties.

"What about your special task in Seoul Investment Bank?" Taehyung looked up to the man who is still calm as ever. "It's never easy to gain Kim Dae Suk's trust."

"Indeed," Yoongi agreed, "he appeared to be dubious with Kim Jennie but actually he wants her to be his successor badly. After some guidance and trainings, she'd been improving pretty fast, guess it's in their gene." Crossing his arm, he looked at Taehyung, serious "he'd been getting her to handle a lot of things with me assisting."

"What's the new discovery?" Taehyung sounded impatient. "I understand the building will be due for resubmission end of next year, they should be prepping for it now."

"The key data of the building your father involved in approving on the architecture portion ten years ago," Yoongi paused, clasping his hands "all the documents are signed by Jennie and his uncle, Kim Tae Suk who was also involved right from the start instead of Kim Dae Suk."

"Impossible, the project investment plan was handled by Kim Dae Suk himself then, how would she be the authorized signatory now?" Taehyung's brows furrowed. "It's impractical, if the government do a thorough check and Jennie is unable to handle it well, things will turn ugly."