Chapter 1 - Burying our real feelings

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 1~

Despite the rain, with the low temperature and cool breeze he knew autumn has arrived. Before exiting the car, he had told his driver to return in an hour's time. Walking into the decrepit school, he cannot deny how much this once venerable school has aged over time. He had come to this place very often but he never notice how worn out it had become. As he walked up to the flight of private stairs towards the classical music department building, he met with the Acting Head of School before he could step into the room that was specially designated for his usage.

"Young man, you are here again," the fair lady in her mid-fifty walked up to him, "and you are always 15 minutes early."

The man in a black suit bowed politely, "Mrs. Hwang, it's been quite some time since we last met."

Mrs. Hwang smiled before looking up to the taller man, "Indeed. So do I still address you as Mr. Do Minjoon even when there is no one around?"

He checked on his watch before turning to her again and asked "Mrs. Hwang, should we talk in the room?"

"She's not coming for today's practice so you don't need to worry that you would bump into her at this hallway," she said and almost instantly, she saw his face dropped. "I guess you have some free time to have a casual chat with me."

He nodded with his usual composure and followed the older lady strolling towards the indoor garden. Taking a seat next to her, he asked "Mrs. Hwang had been with Yoon Hwa Arts High almost 20 years, right?"

"Yes, I'd been with Headmistress Yoon Hwa since the day she became the head of this school." She turned to him with a grateful smile, "thank you, thank you for your sponsorship and donations to our school. It's with your continuous contributions that we could keep the school and orchestra running."

His heart was eased by her warm smile, "don't mention it Mrs. Hwang, Headmistress Kim Yoon Hwa had always been a role model to me. I remember attending a career talk by her, till today; I still remember what she said that inspired me so much."

She nodded, "she's indeed a person that could inspire and influence people around her." Looking up to the rainy sky through the glassed roof, "I miss having her here; I believe we could have achieved more with her leadership."

Gently patting on her back, he assured "She would return very soon, I'm positive. Her condition has stabilized, isn't it?"

"Yes, thank goodness her niece had been with her throughout the process," Mrs. Hwang stated. Seeing the man beside her froze upon her mentioning Yoon Hwa's niece, she smiled "speaking of her, you may have not say this but I'm pretty sure the reason for you making sure our school could still run as per normal, was because of her." Folding her arms before her chest, she queried "you had been coming here without fail over the past 7 years, won't you want her to know what you'd done all this while? At least give me a chance to show our gratitude to you, your real name."

He lowered his head and smiled before shaking his head "I don't need any special acknowledgement. All I need is only that room next to hers, that's more than enough."

Holding on his shoulder she uttered, "Your shoulder is very tense but sadly, she has emergency matters to attend to. Looks like nobody could ease your pressure for now."

He just smiled, could not really recall when did he started to rely on her music so much to free his stressful mind from problems.

-

Running in from the main entrance of the hospital towards the lift lobby, she bumped and knocked on the people along the way with her violin case. Her heart was racing extremely fast upon receiving her brother's urgent call when she was on her way for the orchestra practice. Before the lift doors open completely, she rushed out and ran towards the room right at the end of the hallway. One of the nurses almost shouted at her but she could care less, all she wanted at that second was to see her father.