Chapter 15 - Memory Lane

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter 15~

Taehyung was sitting on his usual chair listening to the music box when Joohyun returned from the indoor garden. Closing the door behind her, she locked it ensuring no one could interfere them. She walked up to him and he waited for her to begin her interrogation.

She knelt before him, looking straight into his eyes "How long have you been hiding in this room?"

He was gazing into her quivering eyes, attempting to search for an answer to the question in his mind; why would she wants to know.

Holding on his knees, her breathing turned raspy "why would you do such creepy thing, what do you want to get out of this?"

Leaning forward, his long arm reached out to her soft face. He held on her nape and pulled her closer to him, his lips grazed on hers "because it's you..."

Her lips were trembling against his. Taehyung's stare slowly moved up to her eyes, and unknowingly, his defenseless eyes hurt Joohyun's heart. She never like seeing him in this state as it made the walls she built so hard between them crumbled instantly.

His heart was racing uncontrollably fast, parting from her lips, he said "after you rejected me heartlessly that day, I went to London and stayed there for some time. You do know how terrible my insomnia was then, it was your violin music that comforted me and that's when I could sleep." Noticing her shaky knees, he knew she can't stay on that posture too long. He got up from the seat, back facing her.

♫♪♫

Without even being able to go to you

I'm always here, looking at you

Even though you can't enter my heart, I know

Like destiny, it's always you

♫♪♫

Taehyung was fighting inside, unsure if he should reveal his vulnerability to her, "I love you..."

The three familiar words she had been missing were like a knife stabbing into Joohyun's heart, she stared at his powerless back with tears entering her eyes as the past painful memories played in her mind.

"Even if I can't be with you, I just want to look at you from a distance. I know I can't enter your heart but it's you that I love, it's you that I see whenever I close my eyes," that's what he wanted to say but courage was something Joohyun had took away from him.

♫♪♫

It's you, even when I close my eyes

It's you, I can only see you

It's you, like the stars in the night sky

You're the only one who shines in my heart

It's you

It's you

♫♪♫

"I did love you very much," his deep voice was filled with sorrow, "as much as I love you, it turned into hatred. When we met, you clearly know I never believe in love but still, you choose to deceived me; ruining me even more." He turned around and looked at her "do you even know what you'd done to me?"

Biting the corner of her lower lip, she tried hard in holding back her tears "why did you still-"

♫♪♫

Even if I'm not in your heart anymore

I'm in your eyes

Even if I can't go into your arms