Chapter 20 - Ephemeral Separation

~ Devastating Love ~ Chapter20~

Opening the door, Joohyun was surprised to see her brother and sister-in-law. Just when she was about to greet them, Baekhyun raised his hand and slapped hardly on her Joohyun causing her lose balance. Taehyung was stunned by his sudden action and ran up to Joohyun to catch her fall.

"Yeobo..." Taeyeon tried to calm him down.

"Bae Joohyun, how could you stoop so low. You're exactly like your mother now, breaking other people's family, a whore!"

Joohyun pressed on her swelling cheek whilst turning to her brother, "I want an apology! You can't insult eomma this way!"

"It's the truth, she ruined our family, that's all Kim Yoon Hwa did in the past!"

Taehyung's heart was racing as he watched Joohyun's fiery eyes never stop glaring the older man before her. He has never heard her speaking so loudly to Baekhyun. "Bae Baekhyun, I warn you, not to put such disgrace accuse on eomma."

"That's what she has done," Baekhyun said through gritted teeth, "I can't imagine you're following her footsteps now! What now, did you choose to be a sex slave?" he was beyond angry with the fact that the accusation made by the informer was a truth.

Tears entered her eyes upon hearing his last statement, Joohyun swallowed hard and bit on her inner cheek, trying hard to hold back her tears. "Do you even know why I'm doing this? It was you mother that sold me off to this man, that one person who can save SH Enterprise then." Her lips were trembling as she recalled the memories of that afternoon when Kim Yoon Mi broke the news to her abusively. "I may love him very much, but there was not even once I've thought of doing such sinful thing but it was the woman you all made me call her eomma that have pushed me on Kim Taehyung's bed in order to save our family business. She made me sell my body to the man that can save us."

Taehyung held on her shoulder softly squeezing it as if telling her to stop. In spite of the fact that whatever she said was the truth, he didn't like how she worded it. He hated how she outlined herself so lowly. At that very minute, he was overwhelmed with guilt on how he lured her into this wicked relationship.

Taeyeon held on her husband's tightened fist, trying her best to calm him down "let's talk things out instead of throwing each other vicious words this way. Taehyung-ssi, let's get into the house." Walking into the apartment shared by the two, Taeyeon said "It's about time to tell her the truth, you shouldn't lead her on anymore. She has every right to know what happened in the past, stop hiding it from her. We're not doing any good."

The moment the four of them settled down in the living room, Baekhyun began the story that entailed on the star-crossed lovers of their previous generation. From the very beginning, their grandparents favored Joohyun's mother, Kim Yoon Hwa more for she excelled in both her academic and sports. Yoon Hwa was a better person, always kind and warm-hearted to everyone around her. But she was an ambitious person and due to that, she left Korea to pursue her music career. Kim Yooon Mi fell in love with Bae Seung Hoon and they got married after their graduation. When Yoon Hwa came back from USA, she was shocked by the news and apparently, she was in a relationship with Seung Hoon since they were in their first year of high school. Yoon Hwa had asked for their father to wait for her while she establish her career as a musician. Things were fine until one day during Seung Hoon and Yoon Mi's anniversary trip, Yoon Hwa was there as well and she was pregnant. Ever since that trip, Yoon Mi kicked her sister out from the family and broke all ties with her. Bae Seung Hoon insisted on bringing Joohyun into the family despite Yoon Mi's strong opposition.

"Was it because Kim Yoon Hwa didn't want me?" a tear escaped Joohyun's eye.

Baekhyun shook his head, "It was appa, he didn't want you to follow her to USA. He wanted to give you a complete family, a healthier environment."