Sofia blinked once, still trying to process the information, "why would you talk to him?"

"Because we were trying to help get Cesar out of the gang," Ruby explained in a much calmer state of mind than he arrived home in. This only confused Sofia more. She didn't understand why they sent Ruby.

"Why would they send you?"

"Out of the three options, I was the best choice."

She had to agree. Jamal and Monse wouldn't have been good options. "Why did you send anyone to talk to Oscar at all? How did you think that was a good idea?"

"We thought it would help, okay," Ruby threw his hands up, "and it didn't, obviously. Which why I'm not deserving of the name Ruben."

"Aw," Sofia laughed at him, putting the pieces together, "you are deserving of it, Ruby. I promise, there's no talking to Oscar."

"Yeah, how would you know," Ruby questioned his sister, unimpressed by what she had to say.

Sofia visibly stiffened at his comment before shaking her head, "you do realize that I know him, right? We did go to the same high school, and that I've been friends with his family for years?"

"Right," Ruby rubbed his eyes with his palms, "I've just been so caught up with-"

"Olivia," Sofia winked, thinking that's what he was going to say, but it wasn't, "she's cute. I don't blame you."

"She likes Cesar," Ruby sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. He couldn't compare to Ceaser, at least in his head.

Sofia pursed her lips, thinking for a brief moment, "how do you know? You're just assuming that because they're friends. I could say that about you and Monse cause you're friends and because she's a girl and you're a guy. Stop making excuses for things, Ruby." Her words seemed to surprise him but didn't affect him much, if at all. Ruby dismissed her words and waved his hand.

"Whatever, I know I'm right. They're always together, always laughing," Ruby sighed, "I need to start my homework anyway." He stood up and grabbed his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder. He didn't so much as cast her a second glance.

"Ruby," Sofia tried, but he was already up and brushing past her and heading for his and the twin's room which was now partly his. She knew how much Ruby hated sharing a room and that Olivia taking over his room was driving him crazy. Sofia had no idea what to do to help Ruby, but she knew that she was going to do whatever she could.

~~~~~~~~~

That night Sofia was studying in her bedroom. She hadn't spoken much to her family after Ruby and decided to keep it that way. In all honesty, she was still shocked that Oscar had jumped Cesar into the gang. It was bound to happen eventually, but he was still just a child. Suddenly Sofia's phone rang causing her to jump. Turning over onto her side, she grabbed her cellphone and was shocked to see the name on the phone. Angelica's caller ID was blinking on her screen. Taking a deep breath, the brunette answers the call.

"Hey," her voice was wary. The two hadn't spoken since Angelica and Mario had ended.

"Hey." Angelica responded, "it's been a while."

"Yeah, it has," Sofia agreed itching the back of her head. 

"So, how have you been," Angelica was never one for small talk, and Sofia knew the girl well enough to know that she wouldn't call after not talking for this.

"Good, I've been good."

"Good." Angelica responded, "good."

Sofia sighed, "so, did you call for something, or what?" It came out harsh, but she didn't mean it that way.