Eyes Open [29]

Peter's POV:

I opened my eyes suddenly, gasping for air to fill my lungs. My ears were ringing loudly throughout my skull, and my vision was blurry and spotted. "What... where..!?" I gasped out, slightly freaking out since I didn't know where I was or how I got there. I felt two hands push my shoulders down, pinning me on wherever I was laying.

That's when I started to scream, kick, fight, squirm, escape. Slowly the ringing faded away, causing me to regain my hearing. "Kid, kid! Peter! Relax, it's us!" I heard a familiar voice tell me. I stopped squirming, catching my breath and allowing my vision to clear.

Steve was holding me down to the floor, while Tony, Bruce, Dr Strange, Wade, Sam and Natasha all watched me. "Oh my god..." I breathed, pressing my hand to my chest as I panted in recovery. "What... what happened?!" I asked, speaking to Bruce and Stephen for the first time. Steve let go of me once he realized that I wasn't panicking any longer.

"Sophia, isn't Sophia, she's one of Loki's minions that can shapeshift. She poisoned you to distract us and let Loki free, now we've lost him," Sam explained to me while Tony pressed his palm to my forehead.

"Luckily Stephen arrived in time to do one of his time spells on your body, reversing whatever was put inside you," Banner added, patting Dr Strange in the back. Steve was intensely glaring at the wizard.

"That's my cue to leave," Stephen announced, creating a portal and disappearing inside of it.

I felt Wade place his hand softly on my chest. "Jesus, your heart is still pounding," He murmured gently. He was about to withdraw his hand from me, but then I placed my hand on top of his, keeping his hand on my chest. It was comforting.

"After all of this shit, I think it's time you lovers visit a psychologist," Sam pointed out.

Wade immediately snatched his hand away from me at the mention of the word "lovers", standing up from a kneeling position and glaring at Sam. Then he stormed off down the hallway.

I sighed, attempting to sit up from where I was laying on the ground, but then a sudden wooziness washed over me. "Woah there, easy cowboy," Tony told me sarcastically, gently pushing me back down into a laying position.

"I'll schedule an appointment," Steve assured Tony, touching his shoulder in a comforting gesture then walking away.

I raised an eyebrow at the two. "So are you two back together... or...?" I asked with confusion.

"Oh yeah, Steve forgave this guy after Iron-Dad put down his ego to apologize to him when you three ran off," Natasha informed me, gesturing to Tony.

Stark rolled his eyes. "He also agreed to put his name along with mine on the adoption papers for you, so we more likely have the ability to do so," He added.

Natasha stood up, walking off to probably talk to Steve about something. I turned to Tony. "So, Iron-Dad, huh?" I asked him with a smirk.

Mr Stark simply grinned. "That's the nickname they gave me," He explained.

"OH! You two are having a father-son moment- I'll leave." Sam stood up, grabbing Banner's shoulder.

"Wha-" Sam interrupted the scientist's cry of protest with a shush, dragging him away from Tony and I.

I laughed at the two, then turned back towards my soon-to-be father. "So, is Loki going to kill everyone... or...?" 

Tony shook his head. "Thor's pretty set on locking him up on Asgard, he shouldn't really be a problem any longer," He assured me, ruffling my hair.

I nodded. "Can I sit up yet?"

"What?"

"You didn't let me sit up before."

"Yes you can sit up, just do it slowly."

"Okay-"

"SLOWER! Jesus, kid..."