Verbal Fights [25]

A/N: Just a reminder! In this AU none of them have their powers or abilities. Meaning Peter doesn't have super strength or super hearing, and Wade doesn't have regeneration or scars.

Third Person POV:

Natasha sighed, sliding out of her bed. She was one of those who had heard Steve and Tony's intense argument last night, and she doubted there was a single person in the building who didn't. She simply shook her head, leaving her room and walking down the hall to check on the kids.

After knocking on their door lightly, she opened the door soundlessly to reveal an odd but cute scene.

Harley was sound asleep on his bed, cuddling Peter's cat while it purred against his chest. His hair was all ruffled and his breathing was calm and even. Peter was also sleeping on his own bed, with messy hair as well. His hand was draped over the edge of his bed, and to Nat's surprise, it was interlocked with Wade's hand, who had fallen asleep on the ground. Wade had some sort of book in his lap, and a pencil on the floor next to him. He wasn't actually laying down, instead his back was leaning up against Peter's bed, his head resting on the bed. Peter's other hand was in Wade's hair, which was oddly adorable.

Natasha let out a quiet laugh, closing the door again and walking down the hallway. She entered the main room, to find another surprising scene. But instead of adorable, it was way less happy.

There was a little girl seated on the couch. If you had to estimate her age, she'd be around 7 or 8 years old. She had brown hair that was in a braid, and a tiger stuffed animal in her arms. Her clothes were filled with holes and all dirty, not to mention she smelled very bad. Her sleeve was rolled up, revealing a bad burn on her arm.

Sam was kneeling in front of her, holding the wrist of her burnt arm and icing it. "Does this hurt?" He asked her softly, in which she replied with the shake of her head.

"Her name is Sophia, she ran into the lobby with the burn on her arm, quote on quote 'it was the nearest hospital type place'," Bucky explained to Natasha. Nat nodded, crossing her arms and staring at the girl. "According to her, her foster family did this to her. She was one of the children orphaned by the attack, and since she's arrived her she's been begging us not to let her go back."

Natasha simply shook her head again. "We can't care for another kid, Buck. We have to put her back there. Maybe she'll be placed with a better family," She told him with a sigh.

Bucky furrowed his eyebrows. "Yeah," He agreed. "But I'd feel so horrible knowing she could be put right back into one of those shitholes. Tony's right, the foster care system is hell right now since it's overcrowded from the attack. The government's basically accepting any family at this point in order to get the kids off their chest, even the ones with child abuse records."

"We can't take in another kid, Buck!" Natasha exclaimed.

"Why not?" The two turned to see Tony approaching the room from down the hallway.

Sam suddenly stood up from where he was treating Sophia. "Tony, I think it's best if you get some sleep for now," He ordered the billionaire. Sam was worried that the older was in no condition to make any big decisions, especially after what happened the night before.

Stark crossed his arms. "Why would I do that when Nat is trying to throw out a poor girl?" He sassed back, gesturing to Sophia. "We already have three, it wouldn't hurt to add another. Hell, she's not that big, it'd be more like three and a half kids."

"No matter how old she is, she's still a kid," Natasha argued. "Aren't you supposed to be a genius?"

Tony raised an eyebrow. "The point is, she's not the big, she doesn't eat as much as the boys, it won't be a huge problem."

"We can't just start letting random kids off the street into Avengers Tower."

"We can't just leave them on the street to suffer, either."

Natasha sighed. "I need water," She told everyone, walking into the kitchen and dismissing herself from the conversation.

"Nat's right," Steve said, who had just entered the room.

"Ah shit," Sam muttered.

"Language."

"I'm sorry, who invited you to this conversation?" Tony replied to his boyfriend... or ex boyfriend? No one knew at this point.

"Well, it looks like you had no problem inviting yourself in the first place," Steve argued, crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah, well, I was sticking up for the child who is in danger. What are you joining this conversation for again? Oh yeah, to kick her out. Do you see the difference?" Tony was very sassy today.

Steve shook his head. "You were the one who said there were 'just three more to go'. Now there's four. Let me see, maybe tomorrow there will be five. Who knows! The thing is Tony, we're The Avengers, not The Babysitters."

"That would make a good comic though," Clint announced to everyone as he walked into the living room to grab his coffee off the table. He immediately left the room, clearly not wanting to involve himself.

Tony sighed. "Yes, they won't stay long! We can get them out of here soon enough. You remember Harley's aunt and uncle? They said they'd take him. They said maybe even Wade too. I'm getting rid of them! Then, Peter and the girl can go back to foster care once it dies down. Now, let's take them in and then we can get rid of them."

"We should put a due date on when they're gone," Steve mumbled, rubbing his face.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Wade's voice seemed to echo throughout the living room. Everyone turned to see the three boys standing in the hallway. Wade was in the front, looking hella pissed off. Peter was behind his right shoulder, holding Kimba in his arms and seeming very scared. Harley was behind his left shoulder, fidgeting his hands together and staring at the floor with misery. "So we're just your trash, eh? You just pick us up so other people don't have to deal with us, then dump us out once they can."

"Wade, you didn't hear the full conversation-"

"Shut the fuck up," Wade ordered, cutting off Sam's statement.

Sam suddenly looked angry, taking an aggressive step forward only to be stopped by Steve, who placed a hand on his chest.

"Clearly you don't want us here, so we're leaving. Now you don't have to worry. Goodbye!" Wade called, turning around and storming off aggressively, bumping into Peter's shoulder in the process.

With reluctance, Harley turned and followed his friend. Peter hesitated a lot longer, only after a few moments did he turn around. But then he paused in his tracks, looking back at the people who were caring for them. The Avengers looked shocked, clearly speechless as they watched the boys.

Peter just shook his head, then turned to follow Wade, not looking back again.

A/N: Who do you agree with in this situation? Tony? Steve? Wade?