Anger Anger Anger [14]

Peter's POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing something strange. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and turning towards Wade, who was sitting at the only desk in our room. He was writing something in some sort of book... or journal... or something. He was also... crying?

I rubbed my eyes again. I saw a tear fall from his eye and travel down to his top lip, where his tongue poked up and wiped it away. I blinked a few times to see if I was seeing this correctly. Wade... mr tough guy... is crying?

"Wade?" I whispered softly.

He jumped, wiping his eyes and turning to me. "What the fuck are you looking at?" He snapped aggressively, closing the book and shoving it in his backpack. He sniffed, standing up and shoving his pencil in his pocket. He turned to me again. "Why are you staring? You f**."

I flinched at the slur, laying back down and turning on my other side so I wasn't facing him anymore. What an asshole.

—————>Time Skip<—————

I woke up that morning with a big yawn and stretch. I stood up with more stretching, then took a step and did even more stretching. You can never have too much stretching.

I ran my fingers through my now curly hair, looking over at Wade who was sound asleep on his bed. Despite seeming like a ravage wolf when he was awake, he slept like a puppy. I can make fun of him for that later, I thought to myself.

That's when I remembered what I had seen last night. I immediately dove for his backpack, pulling out the book he was writing in. The cover had "fuck off" written in sharpie, and at the bottom it wrote "you open this and I beat your ass".

I placed my fingers on the rim to open it, but I hesitated. What the hell am I doing? This is Wade's privacy, I'm better than this. I placed his journal back in his backpack and repositioned it like it hadn't moved. But that doesn't mean that I won't look at this if he ever pisses me off super badly.

I yawned again, realizing I just woke up. My stomach rumbled, telling me I needed breakfast inside me. I left our room, heading down the hall. I thought about Aunt May as I made my way to the dining room.

When I arrived, Steve was already making breakfast. "Morning Peter!" He called. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came. That's when I realized that my selective mutism didn't accept Captain America yet. So I just smiled and nodded in return.

"I heard that you've started to talk to Tony and Shuri, that's really good progress!" He exclaimed as he set a plate of eggs and a waffle in front of me. I gave him a look of appreciation and nodded in response to his statement.

I took a bite of my waffle. "So, Tony and I are going out today and Stephen is working on training some kids in Japan... for some reason. Clint is on patrol and Natasha and Bruce are visiting Shuri's family in Africa." I dropped my fork on my plate at the last sentence.

Steve turned to look at me with surprise. "Oh... yeah. We recently found out that Shuri's actually the princess of Wakanda. I'm not sure why she didn't tell that to us from the beginning, but we're sending her home soon."

Sadness washed over me. I shoved some eggs into my mouth while I thought about her. Steve frowned. "It'll be okay Peter, Tony's going to buy you a phone soon. Then you two can exchange numbers and stay in contact," He assured me, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Besides, Wade informed us that one of his friends it's coming over to stay for a while. He goes by the name of Harley."

I looked down back at my plate, recognizing the name. Oh... that's the person that Wade was on the phone with a few days ago. I bit the inside of my cheek, wondering if he was going to be just as much of an asshole as Wade is. I shoved the last of my waffle into my mouth.

"Would you like any more eggs?" Steve asked, noticing I had finished most of my food.

I shook my head, feeling confused emotions about all my friends. Shuri is actually a princess and is going to be leaving soon. Wade seems to be flipping through emotions so fast. Anger, lust, anger, sadness, anger. Most of the time he's mad. What does this mean?

"You look stressed. Would you like to go on a walk with me?" Steve offered. I looked up at the sweet guy. Tony's cheating on him. I reminded myself, suddenly feeling terrible for keeping the secret from the hero. "Normally I go for a run with Sam, but he's busy today. A walk with you will do."

I accepted his offer through a nod, standing up with a forced smile.

I followed Steve to the lobby, not knowing what else to do.