What's Wrong [17]

Peter's POV:

"This would definitely look good on you," Shuri commented, holding a button up up to my chest. "It would match your color scheme."

"Color scheme?" I murmured back with confusion.

Shuri nodded. "Yeah, like the colors you wear the most." She smiled, taking the shirt off the rack and adding it to the countless amounts of clothing piled in her arms. "Hey Peter, when do you think you're going to get over your selective mutism?" She asked with curiosity.

I shrugged. "I'm not really sure yet. Steve mentioned that he might take me and Wade to a psychologist or something," I whispered to her, following her as she walked down the clothing isle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Wade and Harley looking at video games in the technology section.

Shuri's eyes widened. "Are you serious? That's cool. Why Wade?" She asked in her Wakandan accent, grabbing a few shirts for her own liking.

I shrugged again. "He's acting weird... like after the attack."

Shuri shook her head. "He's always acted weird."

"Only because we've only known him after the attack," I pointed out to her.

She suddenly shoved all the masculine clothes into my arms. "Go into the changing room and try those on. Anything that doesn't fit, bring back to me, okay? I'll be with Wade and Harley." She gestured to the changing rooms and walked away from me, towards the video game isle.

I furrowed my eyebrows but didn't speak up, since I couldn't, and walked to the changing rooms to try on the clothes Shuri picked.

Shuri's POV:

"Hey guys," I greeted when I stopped by Wade's side.

"Hey Shuri, have you told him yet?" Wade asked. He seemed to be pretty chirpy. With a sparkle in his eye and a slight smile on the corner of his mouth, it was strange.

"Told him what?" Harley asked curiously, staring at a random WiiU game.

"Told Peter that I'm leaving tomorrow, and no, I haven't. I just can't break it to him," I informed the two boys. "Why are you looking at Toad's Treasure Tracker?" I asked Harley.

Wade's face changed from chirpy to angry in a very small amount of time. "That game is for pussies," He spat at him.

"What? How is this for pussies?" Harley asked innocently, holding up the case. "It's a Mario game, everyone likes Mario."

"It's a fuckin puzzle game. Puzzle games are for those kids at school that sit by themselves at lunch tables," Wade snapped. "Look at Mario Kart or Super Mario or something."

Harley looked at Wade with surprise and concern, but still placed Toad's Treasure Tracker back on the shelf. "What the hell happened to you, dude?" He suddenly said to Wade with disgust, then walked into a different isle.

"Woah," I commented once Harley was out of hearing range.

"Shut up, Shuri," Wade snapped, then walked the other way.

Peter's POV:

I left the changing room, setting all the clothes that fit in my right arm and all the clothes that don't in my left. Shuri looked stressed when she approached me. "Hey, I'll take the ones that don't fit," She offered, holding her hands out.

I set the clothes on my left arm into her hands. "What's going on?" I murmured to her.

Shuri sighed. "I think you're right about Wade. He just freaked out on Harley out of no where when he seemed so happy moments before. It's really weird."

I bit my lip. "Maybe we should go home," I whispered to her. "Since the adults are all gone today, if anything bad happens in public it'll be our problem to deal with, and I don't feel like dealing with one of Wade's outbreaks."

Shuri nodded. "Exactly what I was thinking. Let's go."