Morning Plans [21]

Third Person POV:

Thor was the first to wake up. He yawned, stretching and sitting up out of his bed. Grabbing a beer that stood on his nightstand, he got up and trudged to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. From there, he saw a body asleep on the couch.

It was the kid. Thor smiled. "Puny little thing. It's cute," He commented to himself. "Quiet one. When he's asleep and awake," He pointed out, taking a sip of his beer as he opened the fridge. He grabbed leftovers from Olive Garden and placed it on the counter. He sat himself on a stool, getting his hands on a fork and preparing to eat.

Tony was the next one to wake up, surprised to find himself in Peter's bed. That's when he remembered that he stayed in Harley's room to make sure the kid would sleep. Stark slid out of bed, rubbing his eyes and leaving the room. It had been a late night, since Harley wouldn't stop whimpering in his sleep throughout the night. Poor boy.

Tony walked down to the kitchen to find Thor eating spaghetti for breakfast. "You... don't want eggs or anything?" Stark asked the brute, opening the cupboard and grabbing a coffee cup.

"Ah, no thank you. We should not disturb the puny quiet boy," Thor informed Tony, gesturing to Peter who was sound asleep on the living room couch.

Stark raised an eyebrow. "Why's he sleeping out here? Did Steve tell him to?" He started questioning Thor.

The god just shrugged, taking a swig of his beer and stabbing a noodle like it was the final enemy in battle. He let out a low chuckle as he shoved it in his mouth.

Tony ran his fingers through his hair. "Gah, Friday, do you have any intel on why Peter is on the couch?" He asked as he filled his cup with coffee. He rubbed his eyes once more, attempting to wake himself up.

"Sir, Sam offered Peter to sleep on the couch so Harley would not disrupt his sleeping schedule. Would you like me to wake up Samuel?" The robot answered.

Tony sighed. "No no, Friday. It's okay," He replied, taking a sip of his coffee and taking a seat next to Thor at the counter.

Steve walked into the room with a big yawn. "How's Harley?" He asked Tony, kissing him on the cheek.

"He's been better," Stark replied.

"Hey, you have wrinkles on your forehead. You've been stressed," Steve pointed out to his boyfriend.

"So what?" Tony snapped, setting his cup down on the counter. He spun on his stool towards Cap.

"So, I'll take care of the kids today. That includes you not doing any work for the whole day," He added. "It's like a vacation day."

"It's hard to have a vacation day when your home is work," Stark grumbled.

Cap ran his hand through Tony's hair, pulling his head back and giving him a kiss on the forehead. "Just let me handle it, okay? Relax! It's good for you. I'll go wake up Shuri and get her packed. Her brother, T'Challa is going to stop and pick her up today." Steve then walked away, leaving Tony and Thor by themselves again.

"Good man," Thor commented.

Tony looked at him with confusion. "Yeah..?"

Thor glared at Stark. "Don't hurt him," He warned, standing up and throwing the empty leftover Olive Garden box away and setting the empty bottle of beer in the sink. He left the room.

Tony sighed, wondering how much Thor knew.

Natasha and Bucky then entered the kitchen together. Bucky looked alive and Nat looked the opposite. It made sense though, she was one of those who was woken up by Harley. Bucky was not.

"Morning Nat," Tony greeted in a grumble, taking another drink of his coffee. 

"Harley?" She asked.

"Asleep," Stark replied.

"What went on last night?" Bucky asked the two.

"Harley had a night terror, triggered Peter's hum in the drum. That's why the boy's sleeping out on the couch," Tony explained to the soldier.

Bucky nodded.

Natasha looked over at Peter. "Huh. He's cute when he sleeps," She commented.

"Hold on, did you just say something is cute?" Stark asked her with fake disbelief. Natasha gave him a look, in which he replied with a shrug.

"So how long are these kids staying here? It's been at least a couple of weeks now," Bucky pointed out.

"Yeah, well, the government should be doing something about foster care. I heard it's a living hell right now, especially after the attack that left tons of kids orphaned or homeless," Tony responded to Bucky, pouring himself more coffee.

"So... forever, basically?" The solider replied.

Stark shook his head. "Nah, Wade's got distant family alive out there somewhere. Harley's aunt and uncle already called. It won't be long."

"What about Peter?" Natasha challenged.

Tony looked up from his coffee at her. "Well..." He thought for a moment. "By then, foster care should be cleared up. Look, it's not the end of the world that they're staying around. We're getting rid of one today, just three more to go."

Bruce entered the room with a giddy look on his face. "I was just on the phone with T'Challa. He offered us a chance to visit Wakanda! Isn't that great?" He told everyone.

"What made you want to go to Africa?" Natasha asked with discuss.

"Charity," Bucky pointed out.

Banner shook his head. "No no... Wakanda is basically the only place in the world which contains Vibranium! The strongest metal on Earth. Come on Tony, don't you want to use some of that stuff?"

Tony turned to Nat and Bucky. "It's the stuff that Cap's shield is made out of," He explained.

"Ohh..." They both said in unison with understanding.

Stark then turned back to Bruce. "You can go without me. I've got to stay here with the kids."

Banner looked shocked. "But... Steve can care for them! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, they don't even let the U.S. government know their location, none the less visit."

Tony shook his head. "I'm not going, and that's final. Bring some Vibranium back for me though, I'd like to see a suit made out of that stuff," Stark told him, setting his coffee cup in the sink and leaving the kitchen, heading to Shuri's room to help Steve and her pack.