Trackers [26]

Peter's POV:

Around a month ago I would be eating breakfast with May, talking about my excellent grades and my responsible work ethic. Now, I'm walking through the streets of New York next to a hella mean kid and a hella nice kid. I loved both of em though.

Why the hell am I here? I questioned myself, shushing Kimba after he made a whine sound. The cat was in my backpack, it's head poking out and watching the people as we walked by them. Some of them stopped to pet my kitten, in which Wade would scowl and Harley would smile. But for the most part we just walked.

"Where are we going?" Harley asked Wade. I was glad he spoke up, since I wasn't on talking terms with Harley yet. I honestly wish I was, it would be a great thing to be able to share my opinion as we ran away from the only safe place we've got. But at the same time, from the way that conversation was going, they never wanted us there in the first place. They took us in out of pity, now we're returning the favor.

"Your uncle's house," Wade replied, looking at something on his phone. That's a good plan, I thought to myself, realizing we could have a safe place to stay. I smiled for the first time in a little bit, just thinking about what it'd be like to live in a real home and have a real person love you.

I thought I had that at Avengers Tower, turns out I didn't. You're too good for them, I told myself to boost my self esteem. I took a deep breath so I didn't get too heated within my thoughts, and I kept following the two boys, preparing for a huge explanation to Harley's relatives.

Third Person POV (back at the Tower):

"Way to go, Cap," Tony said sarcastically, running his hands through his hair.

"You were the one who kept using the words 'getting rid of em'!" Steve exclaimed in response.

"But you were the one who drove me to use them, genius."

"Okay!" Natasha said suddenly, interrupting their little argument. "Let's just put that behind us for now, and solve the current issue. Hey Buck, could you take Sophia to a room?" She asked politely.

Bucky nodded, wrapping his hand around the little girl's and leading her down the hall and away from the conversation. "We need to go find these kids," Natasha ordered with a much more threatening tone. "I'm talking right now."

"I put trackers on all of them, so I know their location, heart rate, vitals, everything," Tony announced.

Steve shook his head. "No." Everyone looked up at him with confusion. "Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe they need some time alone for a little bit." Everyone still looked shocked. "Guys, these so called 'kids' aren't really kids. The oldest is 17, almost an adult. They can fend for themselves for one night. If they end up sleeping on the streets, let them! Maybe it'll help them realize that this place is their best choice."

Sam nodded. "Yeah, they're edgy teenagers. We need to knock some sense into them. I agree with Cap."

Tony's eyebrows furrowed. "Hold on, are you serious? Of course they're edgy teenagers, but remember what mental state they're in! One of them has fucking night terrors, screaming randomly in the middle of the night because he witnessed his family die in front of his eyes. Another one is blind in one eye, and switches emotions faster than you can blink for an unsolved reason! Maybe it's from the trauma as well, but we wouldn't know since we haven't had the chance to take him to a psychologist. The third is so scared that he can't talk to some people. He also has fucking ringing in his ears, so when a loud sound occurs, he falls to the ground as if he's been shot! Not to mention that he stumbled upon his last family member's dead body.

By the end of his rant, Stark was breathing heavily. He took a moment, but then he started back up again. "Do you see what we're dealing with? Of course they're edgy, they're all fucking recovering from buildings falling on their families! Remember that they were orphaned just a couple of weeks ago, it's not like they're just over it already! Are you guys crazy?! We can't leave them out there for a night, no matter how old they are!"

The Avengers were silent for a moment, contemplating Tony's words. Stark placed a hand on his forehead, leaning on the wall with a stressed expression.

"Tony's right," Steve announced suddenly. "We should go find them and try to apologize."

Stark looked up at Cap with surprise, since he was the last person he expected to agree with him. But soon enough, the other Avengers began to stand up and agree with Tony as well.

The billionaire grinned. "Alright, lets suit up. Friday, share their location with The Avengers."

"On it, sir."

My World is Drowning [Irondad]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara