Unnatural Disaster [2]

Peter's POV:

I woke up to explosions. The sounds of them in the distance. I saw lights flashing in my window, so I stood up quickly, looking outside.

B O O M

A building several blocks away blew up, lighting up the sky and my vision. I stumbled backwards, the sound of the bombs still ringing in my ears. Holy fuck, we're being attacked. 

I looked at the time. 2AM. Aunt May should be home. I sprinted out of my room to already find her rubbing her eyes in the living room. "Peter? What's going on?" She asked me tiredly.

"Aunt May!" I exclaimed. "We're being attacked! We have to get to safety!" I explained to her.

The news flash woke her up fast. "Oh my God! Okay, we have to get out of this apartment building! Bombs mean it could fall!" She yelled.

"Wait! But what about the tsunami coming?" I asked.

"What?"

"The tsunami! On the news, after every attack there's a tsunami. They're not natural, whoever is targeting us is causing them somehow."

Aunt May looked like she was about to cry. "Let's get to the car," She whispered. I barely heard her over the explosions in the distance, they were so far yet so loud.

We ran out of our apartment together and started sprinting down the hallway, along with everyone else who was screaming and running around. We jumped steps, knowing the elevator would be a stupid choice. 

We made it out of the building in no time. "Where's your car?!" I yelled loudly, the explosions louder once we were outside.

"I parked down the street!" She screamed back, running in the general direction of where she was parked.

"Why?!" I shouted as I began running alongside her.

"You know how New York gets!" She snapped back.

Suddenly, the apartment building blew up. I didn't know this at the time, but later I realized it since the explosion sent Aunt May and I hurdling in different directions. I landed hard on the ground, hitting my head. The explosion left a loud ringing in my ears.

I screamed from the ringing, curling up into a ball and covering my ears with my hands. It was no use, the ringing was inside my ear. I screamed again, the pain radiating to my head causing a massive headache.

After a few minutes of just pure pain, the ringing slowly faded, leaving a tiny hum in the background. The explosions of the nearby buildings drowned it out.

I stood up, stumbling. "MAY!?" I screamed out, using a car next to me for balance. I felt dizzy. "AUNT MAY WHERE ARE YOU?!" I looked around, seeing people with burnt faces screaming and crying, some of them pulling children that looked the same. My breathing quickened. "AUNT MAY-"

"TSUNAMI!" Someone yelled that was standing in front of me, looking behind me. I turned around to see a wall of water heading out direction.

"MAY!" I screamed again, but started running in the opposite direction of the unnatural disaster. My heart pounded and my breathing quickened as I ran, but I knew I couldn't outrun the wall of the sea. As I sprinted, I tried looking around for something I could grab onto. A tree, a building, anything that would save me.

The water hit me unexpectedly, knocking some of the air out of me as I was sucked in. All I saw was blue, and items whipping past me. As I was tumbling through the liquid, the ringing in my ears began to raise volume once more from holding my breath. Eventually they got so loud that I had to scream of pain again, since I felt the ringing all the way down into my jaw. The scream unknowingly made me lose a lot of my breath.

My body's reaction was to breathe inwards after I screamed, so I did.

I felt water pour into my mouth, down my throat and into my lungs. Such an intense burning feeling entered my chest, making me want to scream again, but I couldn't. I couldn't because my lungs were full of water, killing my body every moment.

Then I just blacked out.