Night Terror [20]

Peter's POV:

I set my stuff down in the new room Steve had given Harley and I. It was like Wade and I's room, two twin beds on opposite sides of the room. Without speaking, of course, I placed my items on the bed on the right side of the room. Harley put his things on the other bed, respecting my decision.

I grabbed my earbuds and iPod, snuggling under the covers for a nice night of sleeping. Placing the earbuds in my ears to drown out the ringing with music, sleep came to me easily, knowing I spent my, basically, last day with Shuri well.

I opened my eyes again to screaming.

I jolted into a sitting up position, my eyes drawn to the time first. It was midnight. Who the hell is screaming at midnight? My head snapped over to the direction the noise was coming from, and it was Harley.

Harley was thrashing around in his bed, eyes closed and screaming. My eyes widened and I got out of my bed, making my way over to where he was freaking out in his sleep. But the closer I got, the louder the screaming was, causing my ringing to strike pain through my skull. I flinched, pressing my hand to my forehead and falling backwards.

Suddenly Wade bust open the door. He was panting, sweaty and shirtless. He probably sleeps with no shirt on. He dashed to Harley's side, grabbing his wrists. "PETER! Grab his ankles so he doesn't hurt himself!" He ordered with seriousness.

I dove for his ankles, ignoring the pain echoing within my head. I pinned his feet to his bed, and watched Harley's breathing slowly calm down. I noticed that his eyes were open now, they were wide and he looked disoriented. "W-Wade?" He called out innocently, as if he didn't know where he was.

"I'm right here," Wade assured him with a soft and gentle voice. It was the first time I've ever seen Wade be so careful around another person. I looked towards the door and saw Natasha and Sam standing in the doorway with worried faces. I looked back and saw that Harley was crying on Wade's shoulder, while Wade pet his head.

I let go of his ankles, standing up but stumbling a bit. "You okay kid?" Sam asked me.

"Yeah..." I breathed, holding the side of my head.

"Let's get him out of here," Natasha told Sam, and the two led me out of the room. "Go get him some water," She ordered as she held her hand to my head.

"I'm fine," I assured them, speaking to them for the first time.

"I don't know about that, the scream was pretty loud."

I just shook my head and let them lead me down to the living room. I sat down on the couch, thinking about what just happened. Harley pushes away his emotions during the day and lets them haunt him at night, I thought to myself, running my hand through my hair. He just had a night terror.

"Here's some water kid," Sam told me, interrupting my thoughts. I looked up at him gratefully, taking the water and drinking it. The cold liquid soothed me and I sighed. Sam took a seat next to me. "Tony and Steve are in the room with Harley. You might have to sleep out here for the rest of the night," He explained to me.

I sighed and nodded, already feeling sleepy. "Mkay~" I told him, sinking into a laying position.

Sam just laughed, standing up and grabbing a blanket. He watched as I laid down, then threw the blanket over me. "Goodnight Pete," He told me as he walked back up to his room.

"Nighty night."