Observations [7]

Peter's POV:

Mr Stark called a "family meeting".

I wasn't really sure what this meant, since none of us had any family here, but basically Wade, Shuri and I all had to go meet Steve, Tony, and Dr Strange in the living room.

We ended up sitting at two couches facing each other. The kids sat at one couch, the adults on the other. Shuri sat in the middle of Wade and I, and Tony sat in the middle of Steve and Stephen. 

I swallowed nervously, not sure what the meeting was about. Tony was the one who spoke first. "As you kids are aware, half of New York has been destroyed. Luckily, right after today's attack, we were able to capture the culprit of all of this. His name is Loki, and he's contained in a prison in the basement of the Tower. So rule number one, no going to the basement. Got it?"

All three of us nodded.

Steve began to speak up. "In result of the destruction, there's been many newly made homeless orphans that are flooding the foster care system. Fortunately there's plenty of sympathizing families in the world to help foster these kids, but unfortunately there's not enough. So we've determined it unsafe for you kids to go there."

My eyes widened. Shuri bit her lip. "So where the fuck are we going?" Wade snapped.

Tony sighed. "We've decided to have you kids stay here, until either we find your parents, or until the foster care system dies down," He explained to us.

Not my parent, I thought to myself, but I didn't need to make that apparent at the moment.

"What about school?" Shuri asked in her soothing accent.

"We will send you to public school as soon as it starts up again. For now, there's no school because of the attacks. The news is intending to go public about Loki tomorrow, but for now people are still scared," Steve assured us.

I saw Mr Stark look at Dr Strange, and they held eye contact a little longer than expected. It actually made me curious. Do they have a thing?

"Are you two dating or something?" Wade questioned aggressively, gesturing over. At first I thought he was talking about Tony and Stephen, but I was shocked to see that Steve was holding Tony's hand.

Wait, what?

"Yes, we are," Steve answered quickly, smiling at us. "But that information is not public yet, so we'd like you to hold off that topic on social media."

Maybe I misjudged the eye contact between Dr Strange and Mr Stark. But I still couldn't get it out of my brain. It was like the universe was trying to tell me something. I bit the inside of my cheek nervously, not completely sure how I should think about the situation.

I noticed that Tony licked his lips out of annoyance when Steve answered. Now, Tony Stark has a pretty good poker face, so when you see a reaction like that you just have to know that something is definitely fishy.

I bit my fingernails nervously, not really sure what to do. I supposed I didn't really have to worry about that, since I couldn't say anything anyways. Let me tell you, when you're stuck without a voice long enough, you become very observant. Like the exchange between Tony and Stephen, I never would've caught that before the attack.

"You're dismissed," Dr Strange said sharply, disrupting my thoughts.

I stood up, walking with Wade back to our room. Wade shut the door behind us as I flopped onto my bed. "Why do you do that every time we enter?" He asked me. He paused as if he was waiting for an answer, and I rolled my eyes at his stupid joke.

I just couldn't get my mind off of Steve, Tony and Stephen. It all seemed so bizarre that stuff like this happened within the Tower. "It's best if you don't involve yourself." I looked up at Wade with surprise. "What? I'm not a stupidass. I say stupid shit but only because it's fun," He replied. "I saw the way you were looking at them, but you're too dumb to see everything. That's why I asked if Steve and Tony were dating, so I could point it out to you."

I bit the inside of my cheek, knowing that Wade was right. "They're all hella gay anyways, so we don't have to fix their problems." My heart dropped. Did Wade seriously just say that? I shot him an angry look. "What? Are you a gay bitch too?" He snapped. I frowned, throwing my blanket over my face and putting my earbuds in my ears quickly.

Wade is more of a gay bitch, I thought to myself, angry at the kid and his stupid opinions.

A/N: Can you guys guess what the ships are going to be? (I made sure you wouldn't know to make it more interesting)