Betrayal [28]

pLoT tWist tiMe

Peter's POV:

When we got back to the Tower, Wade was super pissed. He was arguing, cussing, fighting against Sam as The Avenger dragged him into his room. Harley went in a lot easier, looking scared and sad. I sighed as I watched them, running my hands through my hair.

Tony ended up seperating me from the boys, placing me and little Sophia in a different room. We got two twin beds, a desk, and a closet in our room. She took her little stuffed animal and placed it on her bed. I raised my eyebrows, creeped out by her for some reason. She just gave me bad vibes.

"Mr Stark would like to notify you. He says: 'Dinner's ready Peter'." Friday's voice rang throughout the room, and the last section of the sentence was a voice recording of Tony. I smiled, finding it a little humorous.

I wrapped my hand around Sophia's gently, and lead her out of the room. We walked down the hall together, down to the dining room table. Wade was already eating, looking mad as he chewed. Harley seemed to be recovered by the time we got down there, eating calmly and thanking Steve for the food.

I took a seat, and Sophia sat next to me. Sam set plates down in front of us. "You and Tony are close, right?" Sophia asked me out of no where. I gave her a confused look, but nodded. This girl is weird. I began to eat off of my plate.

Sophia looked down at her plate, picked at her food a bit, then looked back up at me. "Want to trade plates?" She asked innocently. "Yours looks better."

I furrowed my eyebrows, but then remembered how picky little kids could be. With reluctance, I swapped plates with hers, then started to eat again.

Third Person POV:

"I seriously can't believed you went through with that prank," Natasha commented to Clint. The table was discussing old memories of the team, including when Tony accidentally drank Thor's beer and passed out almost instantly. They were all laughing.

That's when Tony noticed that Peter was sweating a lot. "You okay, kid?" He asked him, placing his hand on his forehead. It was burning hot. The boy put his hand on his stomach, gesturing that it was hurting.

"He must be sick," Steve pointed out. But then Tony realized how big Peter's pupils were.

"That is not a natural sickness," Stark declared, watching Peter.

Suddenly the kid's eyes widened with horror, and his breathing started increasing heavily. It was very worrying, watching the kid grip onto the table cloth with one hand, and clench his chest with the other. "Peter?" Wade asked, now realizing how bad the situation is.

Peter gave Sophia a look of horror before he fell to the ground with a groan, foam coming out of his mouth. "Holy shit, someone call 9-1-1!" Banner exclaimed, diving to the boy's side.

"Language,"

"Shut your dumbass up," Sam snapped at Steve.

"I've seen this before, he's poisoned," Natasha stated, standing up and crossing her arms.

Bruce was checking Peter's pulse. "By who?" Clint asked aloud.

"Who the hell cares? Let's save Peter!" Tony scolded, kneeling next to the boy on the ground, making Friday call an ambulance.

"No, that's what they want us to do. This is a distraction," Bucky pointed out, looking around the room.

That's when Harley spoke up. "Wait a minute, where's Sophia?"

A notification went off on Tony's arm. The Avenger widened his eyes. "Guys, Loki's cell was just unlocked," He said with urgence.

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted a random girl off the street!" Sam exclaimed as he ran with the rest towards the basement.

"Bruce, you got this?" Stark asked the doctor as he stood up.

Bruce nodded. "Go get him, Tony."