Chapter Twenty-One: Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone and let you know that...

Alessia's P.O.V.

"Oh my god! Ian! Don't do that, I almost hurt you!" I said immediately letting him go.

He wasn't listening to me though, he started walking towards me and I backed away, feeling the cold brick wall behind me.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He whispered.

I blinked.

"Doing what?" For the first time in a while, I was genuinely confused. This wasn't the side of Ian that I had become friends with. He was still tough, but somehow, it wasn't the tough and teasing asshole with a never ending arsenal of sexual innuendos that I was used to.

"Lessa, I -" He was cut off by a voice in the distance.

"YO, LESSA! THE CROWDS ARE WAITING AND THE DJ'S GETTING BORED!" Noah shouted from the entrance.

"Okay. Coming." I yelled back.

When I turned back to Ian, he had a blank look on his face. God, what is wrong with the male specimens of the world?

"Uh... Ian I kinda gotta... go." I mumbled.

"Whatever." He said. "I'm sure Noah's waiting for you."

Wait. What?

"Oh, no, we're here as frie-" I started.

"It doesn't matter." He said before walking away.

I felt like lying on the floor like a dead fish and staring at the sky. Honestly, why did God create men?

"Lessa? You coming?" Noah said.

"Yep. Coming." I said, before muttering one word under my breath.

"Guys."

Everyone fell silent as the principal walked onto the stage and tapped her microphone. "Attention students."

The microphone squealed and I cringed at the high pitched noise.

"Sorry for that." She said. "The student council would like to have representatives up to announce the princes and princesses of the Fire and Ice Masquerade!"

I clapped along with everyone else, but I was only half into it. What happened outside with Ian was confusing me like hell.

In Stormwell High, there is a system based on the dances - masquerade and prom - which determined the nominees for prom king and queen. Three princes and three princesses were chosen at the masquerade, through a unanimous vote, and then one prince and princess were voted Prom King and Queen through another vote.

Akina sidled up next to me and whispered in my ear, "You are so gonna get a tiara and my bet is that Christa is going to be left out."

The student president - I think her name was Margaret - walked onto stage and greeted everyone before two students brought 3 tiaras on stage and 3 crowns.

She started with the princes, which was kind of weird because people usually announced the girls first, but no one questioned it.

"Your princes for the 2019 Fire and Ice Masquerade are Jason Pierce!" she started.

A smile made its way onto my face as I watched my friend walk up to the stage and claim his crown.

"Jonathan Stewart!"

I didn't know who he was, but I clapped nonetheless, because boy Jonathan was good looking.

"And Ian Black!"

Screams were heard all around the crowd from girls, and I didn't expect any less. He was the bad boy, golden boy, jock and everything else, of Stormwell High.

I watched him walk onto the stage with a smirk plastered on his face, but it looked like it was fake.

"Now onto the princesses!" Margaret said. "Carla Maine!"

Carla strutted onto the stage and placed her tiara on the crown of her head. I waited for Allya's name to be called but what happened next surprised me.

"Christa Mitchell!"

Everyone watched as Christa walked onto the stage, hips swaying. She placed her crown on her head and took her place beside Christa.

"And lucky last..." Margaret exclaimed.

Allya Jones. I thought in my head as Margaret finished applauding Christa - which looked like it was just out of courtesy. I was still staring at Allya, waiting for her to walk onto the stage when Akina elbowed me in the side. I looked at her, one brow raised as she gestured for me to go up onto the stage.

"Huh?" I whispered.

"Go get your tiara, hoe." she said.

"But, Allya..."

"Yeah, I was wrong. It wasn't Christa you knocked out, it was Allya. Now go!" She pushed me forward and I stumbled onto the stage.

The tiara was placed on my head, and I saw it reflect on the crowd from the spotlight.

The attention was taken off me when Christa made her way to Margaret and took the microphone out of her hand.

"Hi everyone," she said. "Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for voting for me and I also want to let you know that I'm becoming a vegan!"

I snorted, unable to hold it in as she began to rant about how grateful she was.

"What was that, Alessia?" she asked, hearing my snort.

"Oh, I just said congratulations, you look beautiful." I said with an innocent smile.

"You don't need to tell me that, I already know. Sometimes I sit and look at the mirror and wonder why I am so beautiful when everyone else isn't." she said.

This girl was crazy, I had decided. At least it was better than her being like Allya. I decided I liked Christa in her own special way... even if she was a complete and utter dumb blonde every day of her life.

I would probably pay to have her speak as entertainment. No one could get bored of her stupid statements.

When Akina and I got back home, we both kicked off our heels and changed into comfy clothes.

She scrolled through her camera roll before finding the picture she was looking for. "Girl, you look like a real princess." She said, showing me the picture that she took of me when I was walking down the stage stairs with my tiara on.

At the risk of sounding vain, I looked beautiful. The light from the ceiling was reflected off the tiara - which looked like it was made of crystals - and my dress was trailing half a foot behind me.

"You look like a Queen." Akina said.

(Just wanted to put the tiara because IT IS SO PRETTY

(Just wanted to put the tiara because IT IS SO PRETTY.)

-------------

Also... sorry for not updating. I'm pretty sure I lost readers and that's a little sad considering I have 21 chapters now... but you know, never give up. Haha.

Happy reading. 

~Elly