Chapter Seven: Please don't let this be happening

Alessia's P.O.V

Just when I couldn't handle our Calculus teacher anymore, my phone rang and I saw that it was Marc's ID, so I quickly excused myself to the bathroom and answered my phone in the hallway.

"What? And why are you calling me. It's the middle of school and just because you're sick doesn't mean you can disturb me." I said.

"Lessa..." He broke down and I realised something was wrong.

"What happened." I whispered.

"It's Helen. Th-they came and then they shot her. And I couldn't do anything to stop it. I thought she was dead." He said.

"No. No. no. no. no. This can't be happening again." I said, my voice breaking as I fell to my knees in front of someone's locker.

"Lessa. I need you to listen to me." He said.

"O-okay." I said between laboured breaths.

"She isn't dead. Okay? She's in a coma though and I don't know when she's going to wake up. If she's going to wake up." He said, and I nodded even though he could see me.

"I... I think I'm going to come right now. Which hospital?" I asked.

"H.O.P.E. California Hospital."

"Coming. I just need to do something."
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, Lessa." He said before hanging up.

I walked back into the classroom, even though there were dried tears visible on my face. My friends tensed up and Liam looked ready to punch someone.

"What happened, Chandler?" A squeaky voice asked. "You're boyfriend dump you?"

Allya. Great. I forgot she was even in this class.

I ignored her and turned to the teacher. "M'am, I have a family crisis right now, and I've already spoken to the principal. He gave me leave from school."

"Very well, then Ms. Chandler."

"It involves Liam's family too." I said quickly.

He raised and eyebrow at me. "Well, then. Mr. Turner, you may leave as well."

I thanked her and walked out of the class, Liam following behind me.

"Want to explain, Lessa?" He asked as we walked to my car.

"My sister is in hospital and you know something." I said.

"I do?" He said.

"Of course you do." I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Explain, then."

"One week ago, you turn up next door to us and then your parents go on a mysterious work trip so I've never met them, and then a week after you've come, all of a sudden my sister gets shot and then ends up in a coma, where no one is even sure she'll wake up!" I said.

"I don't know anything. At least not right now. But you are extremely observant." He said.

I walked faster to get to my car, waiting for Liam to get in, so I could go to the hospital.

When we got there, I burst through the doors and went straight to the reception woman demanding that she let me see my sister in ER.

After a load of arguing she finally gave in, so I went to Helen's room.

"Hey, Helen." I mumbled.

I sat down in the seat beside her bed and listened to her heart beat.

"I want you to stay strong, please. Please don't give up on life. We all need you to wake up." I said.