Chapter Sixteen: You're really doing this

Alessia's P.O.V.

"No!" Akina wailed as we watched Sam die, from Before I Fall.

"Sam? Sam! Why would you save me?" Juliet said, running back onto the road.

We both watched as Juliet ran her hands over Samantha's bloodied face, and when it went back to what I think was Sam's spirit, Akina and I said the last line with her.

No. It was you who saved me.

"Lessa, whyyyyyyyyy." Akina said crushing my windpipes.

I awkwardly patted my best friends hair as she buried her head on my shoulder.

Just as I was about to ask her what to do next, she jerked up with a grin on her face.

"What's up with you and Ian?" she said. "You haven't complained about him all week!"

"Pushy friend, we are acquaintances now. I have to put up with him one way or another for the assignment." I said.

It was true, his company was now bearable, but the fact that he still wouldn't stop making sexual innuendos was disturbing and pissed me off.

"Oh. Well the dance is soon so you know what that means." Akina said.

Oh joy. I thought.

"DRESS SHOPPING." she all but screamed as we walked down to the garage. The one which was normal and only had two cars.

Liam and Marcus had hit off as mates immediately so right now they were god knows where.

Akina and Noah had taken my new house awfully well, so there was no reason to come up with a lie to tell them about it. I was grateful for that.

"Okay, just remind me to pick up T on the way back. Her field trip ends today." I said and walked over to my closet to see what outfits I had.

A squeal startled me and I looked over my shoulder to see Akina.

"How do you manage to make everything look good?" she asked with a gesture to my outfit.

I was wearing a plain navy blue skater dress with Nike Air Force 1's and a baseball jacket. I thought it looked average.

"It's average?" I said.

"Nope." she dragged me out of the room and I quickly grabbed my wallet of my nightstand. "We're going now."

We drove my blue Maserati GranCabrio Convertible. Another thing I didn't have to make up a lie about, because Akina knew I was pretty rich from my dad's money.

I asked Akina what song to put on in the car, and she immediately answered 7 rings. That girl was obsessed with Ariana Grande right now.

Me, on the other hand, enjoyed a lot of different artist.

"I WANT IT, I GOT IT, I WANT IT, I GOT IT. YOU LIKE MY HAIR, GEE THANKS. JUST BOUGHT IT." we both said with the song, before grinning like idiots at each other.

My dear friend, Akina, and I shared the same brain cells.

After hours of dress fittings and karaoke in the change rooms - the latter being a break from walking around, we had both found...

... nothing.

Or at least I thought so. "I GOT IT!" a scream said shaking me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said. I was still slightly dazed.

"This one! It would suit you. Also we're going to a hairdresser after. I called Noah and he's coming too. It's a surprise for both of you." she said.