Getting settled in

ETHAN'S POV

___________

I walk into the hospital room to find Mckayla asleep.

In that moment I realized what a beautiful tragedy looked like. Her face was scarred up, her bones were broken, she was a mess but her soul was still her soul. She was still her. She was still my beautiful Mckayla. my beautiful, tragic, Mckayla.

"Sweetie wake up." My dad whispers softly sliding a piece of her hair away from her face.

Her eyes open slowly and linger towards me. She curves her lips.

"Ethan." She says with a twinkle in her eye.

"Hi baby girl." I say walking towards her. "How are you feeling?"

She frowns. "Ugly."

I look deeply into her pale blue eyes. They were filled with sadness.

"You could never be ugly baby." I say.

"But I am! My bones are all broken, my face is forever scarred. I'm hideous!" She says looking away.

Anger rages through me. How can they just let this bastard go? How could someone be so heartless and leave a child to die?

"How's that girl you were with?" Mckayla asks.

My heart drops.

"You know? Megan right?"

"Yeah. She's gonna be staying at the house for the week." I say.

Mckayla looks at dad.

"When can I leave? I want to meet Megan."

"I know sweetie, but the doctors still need to check you for any brain damage." My dad says.

Mckayla rolls her eyes. "I'm completely fine."

"It's just a precaution baby girl." I smile at her.

___________________________

We walk in through the doors.

"She looks so broken." I say to my dad.

"We should think of it as her looking like a fighter." He smiles.

I sigh. I knew my dad was trying to keep it all together for everyone but deep down he was probably more upset than I was.

"You should go check on Megan. I'm gonna get started on dinner."

I nod and head upstairs.

I notice my open door and look inside to find Megan standing in a towel looking at one of my pictures.

"What are you doing?" I say trying to focus on the fact that she was going through my things and not that she was half naked in my room with my bed.

She jumps, dropping the frame to the floor.

"Ethan!" She picks up the frame. "I was just, I got lost and-"

I cut her off. "Megan, it's a two story house and you just so happened to get lost and wonder into my room?"

She frowns.

"And you just so happen to be going through my stuff and breaking my pictures?" I wasn't meaning to sound rude but her standing there vulnerable was killing me.

She walks up to me and shoves the picture frame into my gut. "Here! The pictures fine. I'll buy you a new frame!" She says aggressively before exiting.

I turn around just in time to see her towel get caught on my door hinge and fall to the ground.

Lust fills in my eyes as I look her up and down trying to repress from biting my lip.

I quickly look away.

"Okay bye!" She says rushing off.

___________________________

MEGAN'S POV

___________

"He saw me naked!" I say aloud in my guest room.

"I'm still naked!" I say, continuing to freaking out.

I hadn't even bothered grabbing my towel, I just ran out.

"And what was with that look on his face? He seemed uncomfortable. What am I thinking? Of course he was uncomfortable, I was naked."

My face was still burning red.

I had left all my clothes downstairs and now needed to face Ethan again to ask if he'd bring them to me.

"Okay, it's not big deal. He saw you in your underwear when you guys went swimming in the school pool, and he saw you in a towel when you had collided on top of him in the school. It was only a matter if time before he saw you naked."

I take a deep breath, wrap a bed sheet around my body, and open the door to find Ethan already standing there.

ETHAN'S POV

___________

Just as I was about to open her door it flings open and reveals Megan wrapped in a bed sheet. Her face was burning red and she was trying to avoid eye contact.

I take her face in both my hands, lifting her head up slightly so that she would make eye contact with me.

"Just say no if you want me to stop." I say softly.

"What?"

I then push her onto the bed and start kissing her. She doesn't say no.

__________________________

HEY GUYS!

SO I JUST WANT TO WARN YOU THAT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS A BIT INTENSE AND IS ONLY RECOMMENDED TO A MATURE AUDIENCE.

ALSO LOVES, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! I LOVE HEARING FROM Y'ALL!