Repercussion

"Please, you need to tell me if my friends are okay!" I say panicked.

"You cannot leave this room Ms. Parker. We need to make sure you and your baby are stable." A nurse pleads as I try to get out of the hospital bed.

"You don't understand!" I say, tears rolling down my eyes. "My school has a shooter in it and my best friend and the father of my child are still in there!"

The nurse gives me a quick sad look, then starts to insist, yet again, that I sit still.

"What about the boy who carried me out? He got shot. Is he here? Is he okay?" I ask as guilt shadows over me.

It was my fault Liam got shot. If he gets seriously injured, I won't be able to forgive myself.

I try getting out of the bed again.

The nurse uses one hand to lay me back and the other hand grabs hold of a needle. She then jams the needle into my iv cord and my eyes begin to get heavy. After a few short seconds I drift to sleep.

*

"Hello." A familiar voice says.

My eyes open to see Liam sitting beside me in a wheelchair.

My eyes shoot open.

"You're okay!" A big smile spreads across my face.

"The bullet went straight through. Just a few stitches and some medicine. I'll be fine. You on the other hand, look much worse than me." Liam says, looking at all the wires that were covering my body.

I roll my eyes. "I'm fine, these are all for the baby, who also is fine."

I feel a strong kick.

"She's kicking! Come feel." I exclaim.

He hesitates at first, but then comes over and places his hand on my belly.

She kicks again creating a big, goofy grin on Liam's face.

I place my hand on my belly.

"This is miraculous." Liam says.

Another hard kick causes my hand to shift a short distance into Liam's. My heart races and I quickly remove my hand and laugh it off.

Liam stares into my eyes causing me to get extremely nervous.

"This may be utterly out of line, but I feel I must say it." He starts.

Bethany kicks harder as I get more nervous.

"You are the most beautiful person I have ever set my eyes on Megan Parker."

I lay there speechless. What was he thinking calling me that? I was pregnant and taken by the baby's father. Maybe I was thinking way too into it though. I'm aloud to receive compliments.

After an awkward amount of silent time passes, I finally speak up.

"Thank you." I blush.

Why did Liam make me so nervous? Every time I was near him, I felt as if I was cheating on Ethan. I wasn't doing anything wrong though. It's not like I could control the way my body reacted towards him.

"Megan!" I hear Ethan's voice shout out. He and Lilly barge into my room. Liam quickly takes his hand from my stomach.

"You're okay!" I say, tears rolling down my cheeks at the sight of them.

Lilly runs up and hugs me while Ethan kisses my forehead.

"How is she?" He asks worried.

"She's fine, everything's fine." I say.