Homecoming

The rest of the school day seemed to drag on. What was up with Ethan? I understood he was upset with me but going from my protector to some guy that wants nothing to do with me, well it was giving me whiplash.

"That is all for today class. Have a wonderful rest of your day." My last period teacher, Mr. Monroe said.

I walk out of class and into the hallway in hopes of finding Lilly so she could explain to me what the hell was going on.

When I reach my hallway I hear something that breaks my heart.

"Baby, you have nothing to worry about. Megan is out of the picture for good." I recognized Ethan's voice.

"Promise me?" A soft girls voice says.

I turn my head around the corner to see where it was coming from. Ethan had some girl pressed against him while he was pressed against a locker. Instead of saying anything, he leans down and kisses her.

My heart drops.

"I promise you Caitlyn." He says after pulling out of the kiss.

I turn back around the corner as fast as I could only to slam right into Lilly.

"Megan what's wrong?" She asks panicked looking at my face.

I hadn't realized I was crying but I guess I was. I couldn't feel anything.

I grab her hand and drag her out of the school.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" She asks.

"You don't need to be home right now right?" I ask.

She shakes her head no.

I take her hand again and we head towards Jackson Vance park.

*~*

"So do you feel like talking now?" Lilly asks.

I had been swinging on a swing in silence for about 40 minutes.

I stop and look her in the eyes.

"Please tell me what you heard about Ethan and I."

"Oh that! Megan if that's why you were crying don't worry about it. It wasn't anything big. I had just overheard Caitlyn Miller saying how she heard from CeCe that you and Ethan were together. As in, in a relationship. That's all."

I look back down at the ground relieved. It could have been much worse. Now that I know CeCe's that one that said it, it all makes since. At least Ethan wasn't going around telling everyone the truth.

"Is that why you were crying?" Lilly questions.

I sigh.

"Lilly," I start still looking at the ground. "Ethan and I were locked in the school together over break." I start playing with my hair nervously.

"We ended up getting snowed in and then, I don't know, we bonded I guess. I ended up really liking him and he really liked me to maybe, I don't know, either way, after days of being locked in there together we finally got rescued. Except my parents were out of the state so I stayed with Ethan's family. Lilly we slept together." I say slowly.

"You what!" She shouts. "Megan that's the worse decision you could've made! What would have happened if you caught something? What would've happened if he would have gotten you pregnant? Your parents would've flipped!"

At that moment I couldn't handle it anymore. I ended up losing it again.

I burst out crying.

"Lilly. I am. Pregnant." I say between sobs.

She stays quiet.

"And to top it off, Ethan hates me now! He's back with his ex Caitlyn! He wants nothing to do with me and my parents want nothing to do with me and I want nothing to do with this baby!" I cry.

"Oh Megan." Is all Lilly could get out.

I wouldn't know what to say either.

Instead of saying anything, she pulls me into a hug.

I cry into her arms.

*~*

By the time I got home it was somewhere around 9:40 pm.

Lilly and I had stayed at the park for a couple of hours and then I ended up walking home. I just wanted some time to think.

I open my front door.

"Tom she's home!" My mother yells frantically. She pulls me into a hug and my dad comes rushing out of the kitchen and hangs up the phone.

"Do you know how worried we've been?" My dad shouts.

"Megan what were you thinking? Staying out this late without calling? That's not like you." My mom says releasing me from the hug.

"I didn't think you guys cared." I say confused.

Both my parents faces relax. "Megan, you're our little girl, we are always going to care." My dad says pulling me into one of his hugs that I had missed so much.

"Sweetie, your dad and I have talked a lot about this, and yes, we're very disappointed in you but we don't want to lose another kid by pushing you away, and we feel we haven't gone about this the right way. We've decided that what you want to do with the baby, well it's completely up to you and we'll support you no matter what. We just really want you to think about your decision long and hard before you make it." My mom says holding my dads hand.

He nods.

I hadn't known what to say, I had missed my parents so much.

"Promise us you'll think about it first pumpkin." My dad says with soft eyes.

"I promise." I say hugging them one last time before heading to bed.

"And Megan," my mom says before I get upstairs.

I turn to face her.

"You're beyond grounded!" She says.

WELL THIS CHAPTER WAS A BIT LONGER THAN THE RECENTS.

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND OPINIONS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! I APPRECIATE YOU'RE GUY'S SUPPORT SO MUCH!