Guilty

A few weeks had passed since I had talk to or even seen Liam. He hadn't been at school for awhile, and the few times he had been there, he never came to last period.

I was actually relieved to have been not able to see him. It had taken me days after I got out of the hospital to forget what he had confessed to me.

It was just some stupid crush on me. He admitted himself that he just liked me. I would be an idiot to even consider anything with him when I have a guy who is in love with me and I'm in love with him.

Still, I couldn't wrap my head around the words he used when talking about me. I had never seen such confidence in anybody when they were talking about me. His accent also. I couldn't get his accent out of my head. My heart races anytime I'd go back to that night.

It was Saturday and I was currently spending sometime at Ethan's.

"I brought up some cookies." Ethan says, carrying a tray of oatmeal cookies which had been my favorite ever since my pregnancy hormones kicked into overdrive.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I smile, taking a cookie from the tray and eating it.

He had a big goofy smile on his face. Now that I think about it, he's had that weird suspicious smile on his face since I got here.

I put my half eaten cookie back on the tray.

"What's going on?" I ask nervously.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, you've looked suspicious since I stepped foot in your house today. What's going on?" My heart started racing.

"I was going to wait, but I can't keep this from you any longer. Hold on."

He gets up from the bed and goes over to his nightstand, picks up a sleeping mask, and places it over my eyes.

"I'll lead you." He whispers, motioning me to get up. He takes both my hands into his and leads me out of his room.

"Ethan..." I stray off of what I was going to say.

"You're fine." He laughs.

We walk a little ways down the hall until we reach a door. He opens it and walks me inside.

"Okay, you can look."

He takes the blindfold off of me to reveal a yellow nursery.

"We had an extra room. My dad used it as a storage room but I convinced him, a few weeks ago, to let me turn it into a nursery. So I cleared out all the boxes and painted it. I figured yellow because it's a cheerful and bright color."

I look around at the room amazed. There was a big fuzzy flower rug on the floor and a white crib on the side. A mobile was hanging up above the crib. There was a changing station on the other side of the room and little stuffed animals and toys scattered everywhere.

"Now it's not finished. I still need to get a few things and tidy it up a bit, but it's coming together. I know we never really discussed how the living arrangement would go once Bethany's born, but I figured she'd be here quite a bit. We can always move it to your house if you're-"

I cut him off. "This is perfect." I say slowly.

I turn around to hug him. "I love you."