The truth

THE DAY OF THE STORM
___________________

"Ethan, dude there's going to be a huge snowstorm hitting the school." My best friend Nate says as he races up to me.

It was the end of the day and I was wondering why everyone was racing to get onto the buses.

"Is it really that bad?" I ask.

"Well channel 7 is making it sound like it is. Apparently it's going to be the most snow we've gotten all winter."

Normally in Alabama, we don't really see much snow and if when we do it's more of a "dusting" type of snow but for some odd reason this year, we started receiving several inches.

"Alright well let me get my gym bag and then I'll head-" I turn my head to see a girl standing at her looker. "Who's that?" I ask.

Nate turns his head and smirks. "Megan Parker. Total prude. Don't waste your time."

"She's kinda cute." I smile, watching her pack her bag up and rush off towards the bathroom.

"Dude we gotta go! They're going to lock up and I told Mr. Manning that I'd let him know when everyone has left the building."

"Alright Elvis, chill. I'm just gonna wait until she comes out of the restroom and then I'll talk to her on our way out." I say while keeping my eyes across the hall.

"Did you not hear me? She's a total prude. That means no way will she have sex with you." Nate says irritated.

"I like a challenge."

Nate smiles. "Oh really?"

"Let's make a bet."

I turn to face him. "Alright what's the bet?"

"I'm going to go outside and tell Mr. Manning that the school is cleared. You're going to go hide in the locker room."

"What the hell Nate?"

"Hear me out at least! Because of the snowstorm it's more likely you and Megan will be locked in here for a day or two maybe. I bet you a hundred bucks that within the time that you guys are in here to the time we all get back from break, you can't get Ms. Goody Goody to have sex with you."

I smile. "Two hundred and I bet by the time breaks over I can not only have her give up her virginity to me but I can have her fall in love with me."

He extends his hand.

I shake it.

PRESENT DAY
___________

"I wish you knew how much I really care for you."
I whisper.

I'll admit a part of me had hoped my words would've woken her because I wanted her to know but the other part was glad she didn't hear me.

I don't want to pour my heart out into a temporary girl.

I was getting too attached and after all, this was all just a stupid bet for a little extra cash.

I knew I was gonna hate myself after all this ended but I don't fall in love. I'm not that guy. So I was just going to continue this whole game until school started back up and then Megan would no longer exist in my life.

*~*

SO, IT HAS BEEN AWHILE.

I TRY TO CONTINUE THIS BOOK, I REALLY DO BUT I HAVE SO MUCH GOING ON.

IN THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER MY PHONE BROKE AND I JUST GOT A NEW ONE AND THEN 3 WEEKS OKAY I HAD SURGERY AND SOMETHING ALWAYS SEEMS TO GO WRONG, BUT I DO APOLOGIZE.

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT BUT I DID IT ON PURPOSE.

ANYWAY PLEASE COMMENT BECAUSE I LOVE READING YOUR GUYS COMMENTS.