Realization

The ride home was unusually tense for me. I couldn't believe what I did. Why did I tell him?I had this all planned and now, now I don't even know what I'm going to do. Why did he take it so well?

"Honey, are you okay?" My mom asks keeping her eyes fixed on the road.

"Yeah. Fine." I mumble.

She pulls the car to the curb and turns towards me.

"Megan listen, I know I haven't been the best mother lately. Going to Florida without you. Leaving you alone in the school, and among a vast variety of other things, but I do love you sweetie, and if there's something bothering you, I want to know. I want to help."

Was I hearing this correctly? I'd never heard my mom speak this was before. It's good knowing she's here for me. I needed that, but there's no way I can tell her what went down between Ethan and I upstairs.

*An hour prior*

"You're not pregnant?" It came out as a question even though I could tell he was trying to state a fact.

My eyes fill with tears.

After all the anger that had been building up, I couldn't stop what was coming next.

I burst out crying.

"Yes I am!" I cry.

"The doctor called me and the test was wrong."

Ethan steps near me and places his hands on my face.

"Megan look at me." He insists.

I look up to find that his eyes didn't seem angry nor sad. They had actually been sparkling with excitement.

"We can do this! Together. I'm not going to leave you or our child and I'm sure as hell not going to hurt you ever again."

"What?" I say confused. "I can't keep this baby! Are you crazy?"

"What are we going to do then?" He asks confused.

"WE aren't going to do anything! I called an abortion clinic and-"

"You're not going to kill our child!"

Anger fills through him like I've never seen before. He clinches his teeth and veins start popping from his arms as he makes fists.

"This isn't even a child yet!" I shout back.

"Yes it is!" He yells. "This is my child! Our child! Don't I have some say in this?"

"No! You lost that the moment I figured out you can't be trusted."

"I make one mistake and you take away my rights!"

"We're not married! As far as I'm and a jury are concerned, you have no rights!"

"Court! You're bringing up fucking court! Megan you're being so selfish right now!"

"I had a future! I had dreams and goals and a fucking scholarship to Princeton and you're going to call me selfish for doing what I need to do to protect my future?"

Angry was boiling through me. I hadn't even realized I started sweating.

I pace to the door to walk out.

"What about our future?" Ethan asks quietly.

I look at him. "It was just a bet. We don't have a future." I slam the door behind me.

*present hour*

I've been up in my room ever since I got home. I skipped dinner. I didn't feel like doing anything.

How did this happen?

Of course I knew how the baby thing happened, but how did things get so bad with Ethan?

I wish I could take it all back! I wish I had never been stuck in that school with him. My life would be so much easier right now.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to snap at him though.

Yeah he made a mistake but he is trying to take responsibility for it. I just can't raise a child. I'm still a child! My parents would freak out if they found out.

*Buzz*

I pick up my phone off my nightstand to see a text from Ethan.

My heart races.

Do what you want Megan! If you don't want me apart of your life, fine! I'm done trying. I don't care what you decide to do. I'm out.

_____

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR! I'M GOING TO BE TRYING REALLY HARD TO KEEP UP WITH CHAPTERS. ITS FINALS WEEK AT MY SCHOOL SO IVE HAD LOTS OF FREE TIME TO WRITE.

I REALLY LOVE HEARING YOUR COMMENTS SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS OR QUESTIONS, JUST COMMENT AWAY.

I CAN'T THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH FOR STICKING WITH ME!