No Escape

"I can't do this!" I say, trying to fight back the tears.

My heart was racing at what felt like 100 miles per hour and my palms were sweaty. I tried to focus on my breathing but with no luck.

"I can't die! My baby can't die!" As I speak those last words, the tears start flowing down. They were warm against my cold skin.

Liam turns and faces me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Nothing is going to happen to you. I won't let it. Everything will be fine. I promise you Megan."

His eyes looked desperate in hopes of getting me to calm down.

"I promise you."

7 hours earlier

"How's my beautiful girl today?" Ethan asks, placing his arm around my waist as I walked to first period.

"She's good!" I smile.

"And how about my other girl?" He asks, moving his hand from my waist to my stomach.

"She's very active today. I probably shouldn't have stopped to get a coffee before school." I say just as she gave me a hard kick.

Ethan smiles at me and my heart races just as Bethany gave me another hard kick.

"Well this is me." I say as we approach my first period class. He leans in and gives me a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"I'll see you after school." He whispers onto my forehead.

He walks off leaving me breathless.

*

I walk into my final class for the day, avoiding all eye contact with Liam.

I take my seat and start taking out my homework.

"Good afternoon." Liam whispers just as the teacher walks in.

I share a small smile to avoid from coming off rude, but keep quiet.

"Okay class-"

*bang*

A loud shot echoes throughout the entire school. Kids start screaming from the hallway. Another loud bang echoes, then everything happens in slow motion. Bethany starts kicking just as my heart starts racing and my mind tries processing what's going on.

Mr. Webster runs towards the door, quietly shutting and locking it.

"Everybody get down." Me. Webster shouts.

Once my minds starts to realize what's going on, i quickly move out of my seat and squat under my desk.

Someone runs up to our door and starts knocking vigorously.

"Please, please let me in. Please!" A panicked girl screams.

Mr. Webster stays hidden and shots us a look to stay hidden also.

After a few more seconds of the girl crying for help, I hear her run off.

A moment passes and another gunshot goes through the school.

I start to panic.

What about Ethan and Lilly? What if they got caught?

I try refraining from crying but warm tears start rolling down my cheeks and then sobs, and before I knew it I was making so much panicked noise I couldn't stop myself.

"Please. Somebody calm her down!" Me. Webster says panicked.

I try to stop but I just couldn't. We were all going to die. Ethan and Lilly could be dead already. The father of my child could be dead. Then it hit me. I could die today. Bethany could die today. That's when my sons got even louder.