The End

3 days later

I hadn't even heard from Ethan after leaving the voicemail on his phone.

I called Paul yesterday to find out if he had heard from him and he said he talked to him that day, so he was clearly just ignoring me.

I can't believe this. This is what it feels like to not have my life revolve around Ethan. We had been together for roughly 14 months now and this was it. The feeling I had hoped I'd never have to experience. The feeling of lost hope.

I sighed and walked into the nursery. I had no idea how this was going to play out and this wasn't what I wanted for Bethany, but this is how it is.

I looked down at her. She was sleeping so peacefully. She had no idea of what was to come.

I hear my doorbell go off and head down the stairs. A part of me hoped it was Ethan on the other side but that would be completely insane.

I open it up to find Liam.

My mouth drops and I can't find the words to speak.

His eyes were roaming my porch floor. "May I come in?" He asks.

"That never ends well." I say, not necessarily answering his question.

I hadn't seen him for months. He looked older. He had a slight shade of a beard growing around his bottom face and his hair was a bit longer.

"I would not let me in either, but I promise you, I just want to talk."

After little consideration, I step aside to let him through.

"So, how have things been with you?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrow. "You came to ask me how I've been?"

He shrugs. "I have been curious yes, but I came mostly because I feel awful for what happened between us. Not to say there was an us, but still."

Before I can speak Bethany starts to cry.

"I'll be right back."

He nods and sits down on the couch cautiously.

When I reach the nursery a million thoughts race through my mind but I push them aside and pick Bethany up.

"So you were saying?" I say to Liam once I reach the bottom of my steps.

He turns towards me and his mouth drops.

"This is her?"

I nod.

He walks towards me and gazes down at Bethany.

"She's beautiful." He whispers.

Bethany looks up at Liam and coos.

"She's my everything." I smile.

I motion for Liam to sit on the couch.

"So not to be rude or anything, but why are you here Liam? I know it's not to ask how I've been. You got accepted to college at Harvard. I know you didn't drive all this way just to check in."

He sighs. "I have recently been trying to redeem myself. Everything I did in the past, the people I caused trouble, I need forgiveness Megan."

I furrow my brows together in confusion. "But why?"

"Things have been hard on me recently. Nothing has gone the way I planned and I feel it is the universes way of getting back at me for the trouble I caused. Believe it or not, you're not the only one I have stirred up trouble with."