Hapiness

Liam
To see Louis and posie communicating besides each other in the back as I drive mindfully is wonderful. It really is enticing. Both seem happy enough in each other's presence, Louis' head slightly slipping sidewards in tiredness as we approach the road for Home. It will be different tonight to finally have both my babies home with me, the only difference not having Sophia with me. Don't get me wrong, not having Sophia anymore is saddening but the way she has changed about my importance in our child's life is behind any sensible approach.

"How are you feeling Lou" I ask carefully trying not to disturb the conversation too much.

"Just a little tired. Am I okay to have a shower before bed? I usually have one every night, helps me sleep better"

"Of course, I'll undress posie and put her to bed whilst you do that, if you need help all you have to do is shout"

"Thank you" he smiles before turning back to an awaiting posie.

Once located on the drive I finally have it in me to sigh a breath of relief as I pull Louis from the car carefully. Once on his feet he's quick to grab his bag from the backseat as I place my awaiting child in my arms who digs her face into my chest tiredly.

"There's daddy's baby" I smile rubbing her soft curls through the grasps of my hands.

"It's cold Li" Louis whines loudly.

As much as I used to detest the noise, I've been quick to embrace it as I open the door for him. He's easily settled back in then. Once indoors I throw the changing bag on the bed before setting Posie down in her chair, putting a cartoon on before heading to the kitchen where Louis has resided.

"There's no animal sticks" he puffed "There's barely anything at all"

"I haven't yet been shopping" I murmur full of guilt.

"But I'm hungry"

He looks startled at this point, potentially on the verge of tears as I push him softly into a chair.

"Now you listen here Lou" I crouch down so I'm a little more on his height "when I am finished finding you and Posie bedtime clothes I will order food in. Until I don't want to hear any of your complaints or cries. Ok?"

With a shake of his head I sigh.

"Louis no, I understand food isn't here just yet but it will be better to be organised and then eat"

"No, I want animal snacks"

"For now settle with a pack of strawberries, go feed some to posie"

"Okay"

.....

With Louis in the shower and me being occupied washing a sticky strawberry posie down, I notice a change in my complexion. I look brighter, healthier, happier. It's a great feeling however I do know that it doesn't last forever. All good things come to an end.

"Cmon then my little duckling let's get you all ready for some food and bed"

I can tell Louis is out the shower now because he's in the hallway a matching set of shorts and a shirt with a pair of his old slippers we bought for him.

"I've got a pull up on but it does feel thin" Louis signs "is it wrong if I ask you to change me?"

"Of course not" I laugh "let's go back in your room then"

Setting posie on floor was easy as I lift him on the changing table and strap his stomach. Even when he's comfortable he tends to wriggle a lot so I've taken precautions before pulling down his shorts and revealing a nemo pull-up.