Ordinary

When the two arrived at Niall's house it was obvious that Louis was in a considerably better mood than before. The smile was tugged on his lips and he sat babbling away to his father occasionally asking for his pacifier which Liam declined each time. The issue with a pacifier with Louis was that once he had one he felt soothed and not wanting to change that he often stayed reserved and on his own to carry on feeling the same way so he'd decided independently that the boy would only be allowed it occasionally throughout the day. The same went for his blanket however Liam knew the boy wouldn't want to part from that anytime soon so he made sure to carry that in the opposite arm as they walked up Jenna's pathway.

"Ring ring" Liam chuckled kissing the base of Louis' head fondly before opening the door and walking through.

The house Jenna owned was not as exclusive as the one the boys lived in and Liam seemed to be more fond of the homely feel the house provided. Most the walls were now filled with drawings from Casey and the occasional photo of Jenna and Niall hung on the walls.

"And who do we have here" Jenna came out from the kitchen pleased to see the two "how are you big boy"

"Good. Aunt Jen-Jen" Louis concluded clapping his hands out to reach at her before being taken from Liam who decided to go hand all of Louis item on the rail in the entrance.

When on a day out it was an essential to pack more than necessary because he was a messy and destructive toddler at times. The boy didn't go anywhere without needing changing at least once. It made Liam chuckle really, he couldn't wait to be reliving this happy stage with his own little girl. To be constantly praising her for her achievements and to laugh when she pulled funny faces or to kiss her when she cried. Sometimes he felt he wasn't necessarily able to do things like that with Louis because the boy wasn't physically a baby, sometimes Louis' headspace dipped and mid praise he could randomly switch leaving Liam grasping onto the hope of nothing.

"Daddy, me have my dodo now" Louis asked hopefully tugging at Liam carelessly.

"No baby, only afterwards. Go play with Casey" Liam ordered firmly softening up when he noticed the boys bottle lip wobble"

"She's asleep, I want my dodo" he cried out finally throwing himself on the floor frantically.

"Now stop it" Liam demanded "you stretch this tantrum out any longer and I'll put you in time out. We're in somebody else's house be respectful"

Gripping both Louis' armpits Liam hoisted the boy onto his hip and patted his back softly as they entered the living room to see Niall was fast asleep, Casey on too of him holding onto his face whilst sleeping. The sight was adorable and liam wasn't sure wether Louis sniffling would disrupt them so he took the boy into the kitchen where Jenna was stood making sandwiches.

"You and Soph sorted things" she asked

"We're working on it, I did mean to ask. Any chance you could possibly babysit whilst I go and meet her tomorrow"

"Course I can, drop him off early in the morning and he can attend swimming with me, Niall and Casey"

"You're definitely the best you know Jen" Liam smiled

"I sure am" she laughed placing the sandwiches onto little plates "me, you and Niall are ordering in, nialls treat"

"So it should be, the guy hasn't been home for how many weeks so I've had to cook for us" Liam laughed along.

With Louis still lagging on his side, Liam decided to play him on the floor close to his feet passing him his comfort blanket and carrying on the conversation with Jenna.