Will this work?

Louis opened his eyes after a long nap to find himself still lay on Liam's chest losing his smile as he noticed Sophia was now nowhere to be seen. Without a second thought his tears appeared and the obnoxious screaming continued waking Liam also from his nap.

"Mumma" Louis begged kicking his legs in frustration simply too tired to get up and find her.

With a click of the door a worried Sophia returned from making a bottle and hobbled up the stairs clutching it tightly in her hands.

"What's up dear boy" she questioned lying beside Liam in the bed and holding his hand softly.

Louis rolled over relatively calm now as he rolled straight into Sophia's arms legs getting frustrated with how much of a block the bump was having on him being close to her.

"Miss you" he murmured trying desperately to get closer to her which was proving unsuccessful.

"You don't have to my darlin, I'm right here"

"Only for the next half an hour, I'm going out with him to see Niall" Liam concluded.

"Then he can stay with me for the day, he doesn't need to go see Niall"

"Well Casey has missed him so yes he can come and see Niall with me. Stop trying to contradict me" Liam groaned.

"Do you think I care Liam, he's not seen me all week. I've got more rights than Niall does at this point"

"Really. How so?"

"Well does Niall pay towards all of the clothes we have to have custom made hmmm? Does he sit up in the night and breastfeed to help him sleep? Does Niall take up the role of his caregiver? No so don't start with me I don't have any rights because it's complete and utter bullshit"

"Bullshit" louis giggled to himself unaware of the parents argument in front of him.

"No don't say that lou" Liam scolded making the small boys lip tremble "oh fuck. Sorry boo"

"Ask him what he wants to do" Liam turned to Sophia groaning.

As much as he wanted to take Louis with him it was going to be a lot harder to deal with Louis if he was taken with Liam when he had the choice to go with Sophia instead.

"What you want to do today baby" Sophia asked softly "go see Niall and Casey or come with mummy"

Louis' sudden mood change was clearly noticeable judging from his deep staring at Sophia's stomach. He really was confused and wasn't in a position where he wanted to offend any of them.

"You choose momma" he insisted.

It was odd that the boy hasn't displayed his opinions clearly and this only upset both Liam and Sophia more, it was almost like the boy was walking on eggshells to please them both which is something he should never have had to do.

"It's fine if you want to go with daddy baby, I'll come pick you up tomorrow?" Sophia suggested.

"You won't be mad"

"Baby, I could never be mad by something you want" Sophia sighed "makes me happy you want to go see Casey"

"Okay" Louis sighed in content.

Once the half an hour had come around Louis was upset to see his mothers car finally depart down the driveway. With the promise she would call Liam later to speak to him he was content as his father finally strapped him into the car seat. Car rides were great for him, the perfect place for him to think whilst Liam hummed along to music. The long LA roads were something Louis had gotten used to looking at through various touring activities and other things.

"How are you baby" Liam asked generally.

It wasn't like Liam himself was in the mood to talk however he knew that Louis was in a worse position than himself. Liam however was also beginning to be affected by the split between the two. It wasn't official that the two weren't a couple no more but it felt like that certain divide was there whilst the two argued, no chemistry present at all. It hurt him more that she was carrying his baby on her own with no emotional support from him like he promised. He knew she had no family support so he was probably adding to the stress of her isolation from everybody she believed would support her. Feeling extremely guilty for his actions when he finally stopped in McDonald's drive through whilst Louis munched through chicken nuggets happily he sent Sophia an apologetic text.

Li- I'm in the car with Louis, he's fine. Just thought things would be easier over text, it's a loss less awkward waiting for a reply. I'm sorry for being so horrible lately I bet your hormones are playing up on you and I'm sorry for taking my stress out on you also. Could we possibly meet tomorrow without Louis so we could discuss things properly? Love Li x

It was almost instant that he received a reply

Sophia- I also apologise for my moods however it's our little cherub being the cause of that! She's growing along perfectly now, even kicking sometimes at night I wish you were there to feel it :(  Louis will be happy to at least know we are trying to sort things out but the thing about me having no rights really hurt me. You know how much that boy means to me I chose him over my own family so to hear that I wasn't valued was upsetting to say the least. I hope my baby has a good day and tell him mummy loves him so so much! Never ever let him forget that and you never forget it either Liam. I love you it's just the attitude I'm not keen on. I hope we can resolve this simply for the sake of both our babies - S x

Liam couldn't help but smile at how mature her response was but felt instantly bad when he knew she had actually been offended by him saying she was the same as Niall, he knew deep down she wasn't but it was the only thing hurtful he could think of that would get her to instantly back down so Liam would get his own way and he had to admit his actions were selfish.

"Mummy said she loves you" Liam spoke to the boy in the backseat

"I love mummy too" he answered back cheekily "she doesn't let me have her booby much anymore dada you know why" he quizzed comically.

It was obvious his mentality was a little more advanced than it usually was and judging by his wide variety of questions he was reaching a toddler stage quickly.

"Because I bet it will be hard for you to get her booby while the baby bump is in the way. When the baby is out I think she will continue if that's what you want" Liam told him chuckling.

"Posie is going to be such a pretty baby" louis smiled back "can't wait to see her"

"I bet she can't wait to see her big brother either"

"I'll beat all the boys up" he grinned "mummy doesn't want posie having boyfriends"

"Neither does daddy baby you keep them all away yeah sweetie"

"I will do daddy...promise"

And with the final happy sigh from Liam he began driving again now a little more content with arrangements. He was working on getting Sophia back and Louis was at peace with the parenting arrangements for the next few days....

I'm backkkkk. Vote and comment - S x