The Thing About Paris ❁

Start from the beginning

"I don't want you to go Baek." I said, my voice filled with affection and I wasn't surprised at how clingy I sounded. "I wish I told you not to go earlier." I added, closing my eyes in the process.

He remained silent for a couple of seconds before I felt him hug me back.

"Should I just stay?"  He sounded sad and wistful at the same time.

He couldn't. We both knew this.

I filled my lungs with air as I hugged him tighter.

"Come back to me." I said without a second thought.

"I will." He answered right away before planting a kiss on my head. "Always."

The melancholic atmosphere brought an undeniable pang in my heart.

"I will always come back to you." He added in a soothing voice.

I could only close my eyes and satisfy my senses with everything his presence was giving me now. For I knew so well that moments after he's gone, I'd have to deal with separation anxiety all alone.

***

His flight was at four in the afternoon and he called and talked to me briefly right before he departed. I saw a few of his airport photos on the internet. It was going to be a long flight for him and I hope he gets to rest well before the shoot. The shoot, which brought me to think of Kim Ara but then I immediately suspended the thought and made my way to the flower shop to help Aunt Sunny.

I called my parents that night and we talked about everything I've been doing in Korea, except my relationship with Baekhyun of course. The inevitable question of my return to Australia was also brought up. I told my mom, since she was really the one who actively threw the question every time, to give me a few months more. We talked for about an hour before we ended the call.

I missed them, of course I do. But leaving Korea now wasn't something I have in mind at the moment. I knew I had to go back and it was only a matter of when.

***

Baekhyun and I communicated constantly the whole time he was in Paris. The seven-hour time difference between Seoul and Paris kind of made it hard for us to call each other but he sent me messages from time to time. He also sent me his different looks for the photo shoot as well as the beautiful locations.

"I wish you were here."
"This place would be perfect if you're right beside me."
"I'm going to take you here someday."

His sweet captions never failed to make me smile. And I would tell him how much I hate him for making me miss him more.

Me:
Are there a lot of beautiful women there?
10:36PM

Byun:
Well, yeah but the most beautiful is in Korea right now.
10:40PM

I instantly let out of a soft laugh upon reading his reply.

Me:
You're such a flirt Baekhyun.
10:41PM

Byun:
Exclusively for you.
10:42PM

My god, I hate him.

***

On his last night there, he told me that he was going to have dinner with the whole team. I instantly knew that Ara was going to be there and so was everyone. I guess, I didn't have to worry. I also trust Baekhyun so there wasn't going to be any problem with it.

***
Saturday.

I woke up the next morning and the first thing I did was check my phone but there were no messages from him. It should be around two in the morning there.