Sixty

Louis woke up, crying. I knew why, we all had those vivid dreams that are just too much to handle. I tightened my grip on his waist and tucked my chin under his head. 

“I don't know what I'd do without you,” Louis whispered, kissing my head when he calmed down. 

I kissed his neck. “I’m right here,” I whispered tiredly. “Always right here.”

I fell back asleep after that, holding onto Louis tightly. When I woke up in the morning, he wasn't in the room. I yawned and got up, slipping on a shirt before  heading to the kitchen. 

“Are you and Lou finally up?” Lottie asked. “It's nearly noon.”

“Louis wasn't in the room when I woke up,” I told her. 

“Where is he then? We haven't seen him.” Lottie pulled out her phone.

“He's okay.  Just let him be for right now. He hasn't had time to himself since everything happened.” He could just be out at her grave for all we knew.

“Are you sure? Didn't he see El at the funeral?” Lottie asked.

“He wouldn't go see her,” I said defensively. “Why would he need to go see her?”

“That's not what I'm saying, Harry.”

“Then why did you even bring her up? What else does it ever mean when someone brings up an ex?” I crossed my arms. “I trust him. I know he's not with Eleanor.”

“They were really close before they started dating. He could just be going to talk to her,” Lottie tried to explain. “Plus, exs running into each other, especially when one's emotional…”

I sighed. I didn't need to get worked up. Louis wasn't with his ex girlfriend. He was just out doing… something. “The funeral was a different story. He wouldn't be going, Lottie.”

She raised her hands. “Okay, if that's what you believe. I'm just saying, call him. Make sure he's okay.” Lottie walked away and I sighed. 

I went outside and sat in the backyard, my phone in hand. He wouldn't actually go talk to Eleanor, would he? If they just talk, it's fine, I don't care. Okay, I care, but I won't start a problem out of it. He can talk to her if he wanted. He wouldn't do anything else, though. Louis loved me and I loved him. 

I set my phone down besides me. I trusted Louis. He needed space. I had to respect that. Even though I wanted to smother him and make sure he was okay, I didn't want to be clingy or overbearing on him. 

After a few seconds of debate, I went ahead and sent him a text. It was just a good morning text to let him know I was up. I stood up and went inside again, and Pheoby jumped on my legs. “Hazzy!”

I smiled. “Hey sweetheart. How’s your morning been?” I asked, lifting her up. 

Pheoby giggled. “It's been good. We go to school tomorrow!”

I raised an eyebrow. “You're going back to school?” I asked excitedly. 

Pheoby nodded and giggled. “Yeah! I'm excited. I miss school.”

“School is a lot of fun,” I said, tickling her. Then I carried her to the couch and sat down with her in my lap, checking my phone to see if Louis had texted. 

Louis:

We need to talk

My heart stopped for a second. I texted back ‘What does that mean?’ and told Pheoby to go play. She pouted but got off my lap and played with Daisy.