Four(L)

It was tense for a while. Harry was trying to avoid the topic of us by talking about nearly anything else, but Liam and Zayn kept circling back to it. Zayn was trying to make sure that Harry wasn't being forced to be with me, while Liam was actually more interested in the story of us. I wanted to hurt Zayn for the way he was questioning Harry, but I couldn't really try to stop it either without Zayn trying to make a case out of nothing. I had a feeling he would try to amplify anything like that to try to set things straight.

"I'll be right back." I stood up after patting Harry on the back and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of whiskey and cups for all of us. I brought them back and set three of the cups on the table before pouring Harry a cup and handing it to him. He downed it and handed it back, so I filled it again, setting it in front of him this time before pouring the other two some.

I sat down next to Harry, who relaxed into me. Liam took his but Zayn didn't. When I raised an eyebrow in a questioning way, he said "I'm driving." He looked at Harry for a second before looking away from him and to Liam.

"Stay over," Harry said, sitting up for a second only to get his glass, then returned to his original position against me. "There's the spare room." I nodded, showing that I agreed with him while he lifted the glass to his lips.

He looked surprised for a second, then Zayn shrugged and grabbed the glass, pointing at me with a finger as he did. "We have to work tomorrow."

"I know, I know," I chuckled, smiling as I lifted my glass to my lips. Liam winked at me when no one was paying attention, a silent promise to try to keep Zayn in line.

After a few drinks, everything was much better. Harry relaxed and the awkward tension between Zayn and him was gone. Liam smiled at me, like he knew this would work out somehow. I'm glad he understood how much Harry meant without a long explanation first.

Like I told my mom, it was wrong to everyone else, but to us, it was the best thing that ever happened. I don't know if I would have gotten through it all, her death and the stress of the end of the school year without him. It's been hard, but that's one of the reasons I'm so glad I do have Harry, and I know he feels the same way about me with his parents.

"He's the reason I have my first tattoo," Harry explained, pointing to the anchor. Zayn had been pestering him with random questions, and at first I was going to tell Zayn to stop until I realized that Harry had no problem answering them. He actually seemed pretty happy to be telling the story to someone, so I didn't stop him. "And the rope on his wrist goes with it. Then I got 'Hi' and he got 'Oops!' because that's like the first thing we said to each other."

"And that was Louis' idea," Liam said, raising an eyebrow at me. I mouthed as 'shut up' and looked away from him and back to Harry. Zayn gave me a slightly confused look and then looked to Liam but quickly turned his attention back to Harry.

Harry, oblivious to the small exchange, continued with a nod. "Yeah. I wanna get a few more." He smiled as he looked at the anchor on his wrist, slowly moving his thumb over the ink, making me smile in turn.

"You will," I told him, kissing the side of his head.

Zayn smiled and shook his head. "You spoil him."

"Always have and always will," I continued to smile with a shrug. "He's worth it." He's worth everything to me. Absolutely everything.

Harry looked at me with a grin on his face. "I love you," he said quietly.

"I love you, too." I brushed our noses together for a second before he kissed me. "Always."

Harry curled into my side, smiling still. Zayn had his head on Liam's shoulder, watching us. We kept talking until the food came, then we settled down to watch the movie from before while still drinking. Harry was content next to me, making me smile as I kissed the side of his head again.

Liam pulled me to the side when Zayn and Harry were both going to our respective rooms. "You want to marry him."

I shoved his arm, looking up the hall to make sure Harry wasn't in ear shot. "Shut up. You don't know anything about that."

"Oh, like you didn't make this whole plan on how you and your husband would have matching tattoos and your guys' first words. You really care about him." Liam approved, at least. I could tell by the way he didn't question, how he was so sure that this was what I wanted without an explanation, that that's what Harry wanted. He could tell it was actual love, love that didn't need to be questioned. "He's probably waiting for you." Liam pushed me towards my room and I smiled, closing the door.

I kissed Harry and then cuddled him from behind while he held onto my arms. "I love you," he yawned before moving back against me, trying to get as close as possible.

"I love you, too." I kissed his neck and closed my eyes, falling asleep quickly, but not before Harry was asleep.