Twenty-Eight

The dinner was long and boring. I had to sit with a group of kids I didn't know since I rode with Louis. I kept glancing at him throughout and he kept doing the same. At one point he got up and walked around the tables, pausing at ours for a second and brushing his fingers over my shoulders. 

“Everything good?” he asked. 

I nodded and the other kids did too. “Is it gonna be long before were back at the hotel?” I asked.

“Like twenty more minutes,” Louis said, then gave my shoulder a pat. 

I nodded again, then Louis moved on, walking to another group, then he went to the bathroom. I stood up and followed without anyone realizing, keeping my hands in my pockets until I got to the door and pushed it open. 

Louis looked up and saw me in the mirror and he smiled a bit. “Are you as miserable as me?”

“I wish we wouldn't have woken up for this,” I mumbled. “Watch those kids I was sitting with though.”

“Why?” Louis asked, kissing me quickly. 

“They have weed and alcohol and I don't want you to get held responsible for all of that,” I said. I grabbed his hand, brushing my thumb across his knuckles before kissing them. 

“Okay, I'll tell Zayn.” Louis glanced up then pulled me to the side so the stalls blocked us, but he could watch the door through the mirror. He leaned down and kissed me. “God, that's gonna be a mess.”

“I'm sorry,” I whispered. 

“No, thank you for telling me.” Louis said. The door opened and I stepped back, slightly frustrated that I didn't get to kiss Louis more. Zayn walked around the corner, pausing when he saw us. “Hey, Harry just told me something,” Louis said before Zayn could question anything.

“Yeah?” Zayn asked. “What's up?” He looked from me to Louis.

“Dylan’s little group has weed and alcohol,” Louis said. “Harry overheard them then came and told me when he saw I came in here.”

Zayn pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “Alright, thank you for telling us, Harry. We're just gonna do a random bag search when we get back. Don't say anything about it, just when we go to do room checks, we do look in their bags too, starting with their rooms.”

“Alright,” Louis nodded. I nodded and then walked back to the door, walking to the table. I finished eating, then went outside to wait for everyone to finish up and gather around.

I started to get on the bus when it was time so it wouldn't look weird that I always rode with Louis. Then Zayn started calling my name, so I got back off and walked over to him and Louis. I bit my lip as I got closer. “Yeah, Mr. Malik?”

“Go ahead and ride with Louis again. Everyone's going straight to their rooms and no one's leaving, so if there's anything you want or need to do before they get there, go do it.” He looked at Louis. “Both of you humor me on this and check his bags. I already know the answer, but just so it's fair.”

“Okay, I'm fine with that,” I said. Louis nodded his head and we walked over to his car. 

“I'm not checking your stuff,” Louis said once we were out of Zayn’s hearing range. 

“I didn't think you really would,” I said, getting in the car as he did. “But there wasn't a point in arguing against it.”

“Yeah. Do you have money?” Louis asked.

“In my bag, why?” I asked.

“I'm gonna give you my wallet. When we get there, get some drinks and snacks for us. I'm hoping this doesn't take too long. Just that way you don't have to go to the room then run back down, then back up with everything.” Louis sighed and looked over at me.

“Wanna cuddle?” I asked. He nodded. “Anything specific you want?”

“You,” he answered. I smiled and shook my head. “Some chips or something. Get whatever you want.”

“Okay,” I said, accepting his wallet when he offered it. When we got to the hotel we got out and Louis went straight up to the rooms while I went to the small concession stand they had off to the side of the front desk. 

I took money out of his wallet before I grabbed everything so no one would know that I had Louis’ wallet. I grabbed some drinks, candy and chips before going over to the desk and paying for it. By the time I was done, the bus was arriving. I slipped around the corner and took the stairs before anyone saw me.

Once inside the room I let everything fall on the bed. Louis was already gone, so I got on the bed after putting the drinks I didn't want in the mini fridge. I turned on the TV and distracted myself until Louis came back. I mean, one of the main reasons I came was Louis. 

Louis was back after about an hour. He flopped onto the bed. “I'm sure that was more pot than at a stoner party.”

I laughed and curled into him. “They are teenagers.”

“Like you aren’t one,” he countered with a smile before kissing me.

“I might be, but at least I’m not like that.” 

“Eh, I'm not against it, just not when you're on a school trip.” Louis kissed me again and I smiled.