Fifty-Four

I put my back against the wall, trying to catch my breath. I kept looking around to make sure no one could see me, until I heard footsteps. I pointed the laser gun at Niall, and shot, then ran again.

“How the hell are you so good?” Niall complained loudly. I just smiled to myself and shot some of the other targets that gave you extra points. As soon as I heard Niall moving I ran off, shooting some other people. 

Niall punched my arm when we were done for that round. “You used to suck at laser tag. Do you play with Will or something?”

“No, you just got worse at it apparently.” I shrugged when he flipped me off. “Drinks?”

“Drinks,” Niall confirmed. We walked over to the snack bar and got sodas and something to eat before sitting down. “Are you and Will okay, though?”

I nodded. “We're fine. I just… this was a good idea, you know? I think I just needed space. We're not fighting-”

“Everyone needs space, H. You're not any different. You don't have to be fighting just to need space.” Niall smiles at me. “Plus I wanted to hang out, it's been a while.”

I rubbed my neck. “Sorry. Just with everything going on the last few months, I just needed and wanted to be around him as much as possible.”

“I get it. I'm not mad, I just finally put my foot down.” He laughed and I smiled. “You up for another round?”

“Always.”

Niall and I played a round of laser tag that he lost epically to, then called it quits for the night, heading back to his house. We stopped at Louis’ so I could get some clothes to change into. I wasn't going to stay in my sweaty clothes.

“Hey,” I called as soon as I opened the door. Louis walked into the entry way as I closed it. “I’m getting clothes, Niall and I went to play laser tag.”

“Ahh,” Louis said. I walked over to him and kissed him, smiling. “And probably that.”

“I literally always want to kiss you,” I pointed out. Louis laughed and kissed me again. I smiled then pulled away. “I'm all gross.”

“And?” Louis questioned, pulling me back to him. “I’ll take you anyway I can get you.”

I laughed, kissing his cheek. “I have to get clothes, Niall’s waiting.”

He let me go and I went off to the bedroom, grabbing clothes and other things I would need for the night. Louis followed me, sitting on the bed. He was on his phone, so when I looked up at him, he wouldn’t notice. I smiled at how he had one foot pulled up to his chest that he had his chin rested on, and how his hair fell in his eyes just the slightest amount. He was just in sweats and a t shirt, not dressed in a dress shirt like he is for work, but he was the most beautiful I think I had ever seen him, and everything just seemed so put together in that moment.