Forty-Two

At school the next day, I was waiting to get called out by my parents. My dad kept threatening it, but as far as I knew I wouldn't have to go if I didn't want to. I didn’t know how that would actually play out in the office. 

In seventh hour, I thought I was safe. If anything, I figured they would have come in the morning. But the intercom went off and I froze in my seat. I turned to look at Niall for a second before looking back to Louis.

“Yeah?” Louis called out. He knew that they were trying to call me out. I told him the second I knew about it. He wouldn’t send me to the office.

“Can we have Harry Styles to the office? He'll be leaving,” they requested in their usual bored tone. 

Niall grabbed my arm like I had actually made a move to stand up. I sat frozen in my seat and wanted to disappear. I already told them that I wasn’t going back. They couldn’t force me to go back.

“Who's calling him out?” Louis asked.

“His father,” they responded slightly quizzical. 

“No, he's staying in class.” The class started talking quietly. “Call me on the phone and I can explain.”

I turned to Niall. “I'm not going. He can't make me go.” 

“If you do, for whatever reason, I'm going too. I don't care what Tomlinson tries to threaten me with, I'm not letting you go alone,” Niall said sternly. 

“Work on the documents guys. Harry, come here, please,” Louis instructed to the class. I stood up and glanced at Niall. He gave me a small nod as he started pulling out the work he had to do. I walked over to Louis’ desk, pausing in front of it.

“Was there a report done at the hospital?” Louis asked when I was standing in front of him.

“Yeah, there was. Why?” I sat down in the seat next to him, folding my hands together. 

“Reason for you not to go with him. I can't just say you don't want to without a problem in the office starting. If it's because of a charge pending, they can't fight that.” Louis picked up the phone and pressed a few buttons. “ It’s Tomlinson. Yeah, so here's what's going on. Harry has a pending charge with his dad. He went to the hospital last night and that’s when it was filed. Yeah, he doesn't feel safe leaving with him. Alright. Thanks”

He hung up the classroom phone and turned to me. “You're good. They're going to remove him from the campus, then everything will be dandy. You're gonna be okay.” 

“I don't wanna go back with him. He scares me now, Lou,” I whispered.

“You're not going to. I won't let you go back with him, Harry,” Louis assured me. I looked up from my lap to him and he gave me a small smile.

I rubbed my forehead. “Would you kill me if I put my head down?” I asked quietly.

“No, you know that. Go rest. Have you taken anything for it yet?”

“I'm not supposed to for like another hour,” I said with a shrug. “Its barely throbbing, I'll be fine.”

He nodded and quickly tapped my thigh before I stood up and walked back to my desk. “Crisis averted?” Niall asked the second I was in my seat. 

“Yeah, with the charges I don't have to go with him.” I folded my arms and put my head down. “My head's been killing me all day.”

“Yeah, you hit it in a pretty nasty spot. I'm just glad there wasn't any other problems. Are you going to Louis’ again?” Niall took my paper and started copying his answers on mine.