Chapter Fifteen

I don't know how long Louis was gone, but it was much longer than ten minutes. My headache was easing up, so I couldn't complain. When he did pop back up, it was just a dull pain in the back of my head.

“I'm sorry. They usually don't take that long.” Louis walked straight over to me.

I stood and wrapped my arms around his neck. “It's fine.”

He kissed my forehead. “Feeling better?”

“My head isn't trying to explode anymore, but it still hurts. I call it a win.” He chuckled and I smiled a little.

“Okay, love. Let me get my bag and we'll go.” Louis squeezed my waist and pulled back to go to his desk. I slid my work into my backpack and shouldered it, accepting my phone back from Louis when he offered it.

“I just texted your mom,” he said, even though I didn't ask for an explanation. He knew the code to my phone because I don't know how many times I had asked him to text someone for me. I didn't care why he had it. I had nothing to hide and he wasn't looking for something that I would have been hiding. “Made sure you could stay out.”

“Okay, whatever. I trust you.” I grabbed his laptop case like normal, walking out of his classroom. He locked the door as Mr. Malik walked down the hall.

“Feeling better, Harry?” he asked. I nodded. “that's good to hear. See you both tomorrow.”

We waved and headed to Louis’ car. I pulled my pair of sunglasses from the glove box and slipped them on, handing Louis a pair as well. Louis slipped his on and then started making the drive to his house.

I took a deep breath as he drove, feeling sick. I shook my head, making Louis look over at me. “You okay, Haz?”

“Feel sick,” I grumbled. “I'm okay, though.”

Louis brushed his fingers over my hand. “We'll be there soon, baby,” he said.

I nodded, bringing my knees to my chest. “Do you still want me to come over?” I asked. “I'm probably getting sick and-”

“Yes, I want you to come over,” Louis said, cutting me off. “I don't care, I'll take care of you, Hazza. I just want you over.” He smiled at me when we were stopped at a red light. “And I had the feeling that you were starting to get sick earlier.”

“I get whiny,” I warned. Louis rolled his eyes. “No, like you think I'm bad now, wait until you see me sick. Like actually sick.”

“I'm sure I can handle that, Harry.” Louis pulled over at a store and looked at me. “What do you want, baby? Like for dinner?”

“Can we do like grilled cheese and soup?” I asked. He nodded and kissed my cheeks quickly. “I'm just gonna stay in here.”

“Yeah, I'll be right back. This won't be like the meeting,” he said with a grin, making me smile a little. He hurried inside and I laid the seat back, curling into a small ball. I rubbed my arms and shivered.

It wasn't long before Louis was back. I looked up when the door opened and he was back in the car. “Poor baby,” he cooed, rubbing my arm.

“I wanna cuddle,” I said, looking up at him.

“When we get to my house, okay baby? We'll be there in just a minute,” He said softly.

I nodded, and Louis wasn't lying when he said it would take a few minutes. We were there in about five. Despite Louis telling me that I didn't have to help him, I grabbed some of his work he probably needed to grade and his laptop bag while he got the one from the store and some of the other things he takes to school.

I set everything on the coffee table like he always does, then grabbed the blanket from the back of the couch and burrito-ed myself in it before laying on the couch. Louis walked in the room and made an aww face when he saw me.

“You look adorable, so you know.” I rolled my eyes and wrapped myself tighter, watching him as he walked into the kitchen. “I'll be right there.”

I didn't respond, but the sound of pots and pans banging filled the silence for a minute until Louis had everything settled onto the stove.

“You can turn on the tv, babe. I promise it's not that hard to use,” Louis teased while popping his head into the room.

“I don't watch tv a lot,” I told him. “Mostly just with you or Niall.”

“I wish. I'm addicted to way too many shows.”

“The exact reason I don't,” I responded playfully.

“Fuck off, I'm making you food,” he laughed. “Or am I?”

“You better fucking be,” I laughed. I grabbed the remote and flipped to a random show that I know he liked. I snuggled into the blanket, wanting Louis. Then again I always wanted Louis, so was it actually anything new? No, not really.

Louis came in with the soup and sandwiches, so I forced myself into a sitting position and loosened the blanket. He sat next to me and kissed the side of my head. We ate and cuddled on the couch until Louis called it a night when I could barely keep my eyes open.

“Good night,” I mumbled once we were in his room.

“Night, baby.” Louis kissed my head. I was out within ten minutes.