It's My Choice

Matt's Pov:

   Matt was beyond confused. Once again, everyone left him out of what's going on. In a course of a couple of hours, the group manage to befriend one of their biggest enemies who tried to kill them on numerous occasions, Lexi rose from the dead, and a bunch of hybrids started chasing them because of some game? He didn't know. This whole thing is just one big brain fuck.

   The drive to the boarding house was silent due to everyone processing what the hell just happened. Caroline was leaning on Stefan, clutching on to his arm life her life depended on it. But Stefan wasn't paying her any mind. In the rear view window, Matt could see Stefan staring into space unaware of his surroundings. 

   The first car that pulled up to the boarding house was Damon's car. He made sure Bonnie got out of the car safely and had the rest of the vampires in the car, Katherine and Lexi, surround her to "protect her". In return Bonnie swatted the back of his head and yelled, "I DON'T NEED PROTECTION!!"

   Matt pulled up to the front of the boarding house, not bothering to park it properly, hopped out and started speed walking towards the house. He was followed by Elena who had to jog to keep up with him.

   "Matt! Matt!" He whipped around to face her.

   "WHAT!?" She flinched at his shouting but still continued to walk towards him, this time slower.

   "I just wanted to know if you're ok.."

   "I'm fine!! No really I'm fine!! I'm freaking peachy!!" Elena bit the bottom of her lip.

   "I know I how you feel. Ok? We all are feeling that right now." Bonnie and Damon who were still at the front door bickering with each other stopped and turn to see the commotion.

   "It Mutt having a bitch-fit?" Bonnie slapped his chest. "What?"

   "No Damon I'm not having a bitch-fit! I'm having a 'I just almost got killed because I'm associating with the supernatural'-fit."

   "That wasn't even clever," Damon mumbled.

   "I'M TOO UPSET TO MAKE IT CLEVER!!"

   "Matt," Bonnie interfered. "Calm down."

   "Calm down? CALM DOWN?!? YOU GUYS LEFT ME OUT OF YET ANOTHER BIG DECISION(teaming up with Katherine) AND IT ALMOST GOT ME KILLED!!!"

   "Technically," Katherine began stating. "Stefan almost got us killed because they used a locator spell to find Damon and drop him off."

"Uggghhh." He ran into the house, up the stairs and into a random room. He didn't care who's room it was, he did however make sure the door was lock. Like that'll stop them. He was the weakest one of out of the bunch, except for Elena. He didn't like this. He didn't like that he couldn't protect his friends. That he couldn't protect Bonnie. Bonnie was like a sister to him and he wasn't ready to lose her like his lost Vicky.

Sigh. Vicky. If Vicky was here, she would do this thing she did when they were little. She would get a furry blanket and wrap it around him and make sure it covers his whole face. Matt thought that if he couldn't see the monster, he couldn't be afraid of him. Then she would embrace him and whisper comforting things. She did this all the way until she was 16. That was when she started partying and dating.

Matt sat on the bed which was in the many empty guest room in the Salvatore's Boarding house. He thought about Vicky and all the little things they did with each other and then he remembered something.

Matt just got home from school. He was away from all the sympathy glances and the people asking him if he was ok. His mother wasn't home, but that was ok. She was never home. He should have stayed home and he knew that. Part of grieving is getting some alone time with yourself. But Matt didn't want to grieve. Grieving showed vulnerability and Matt had no time to vulnerable.