E L E V E N : B A S T A R D

Start from the beginning

"Wait, so you were the one that paid those assholes to kidnap me? Those guys tortured me and if it wouldn't have been for those demons you're speaking of, who knows what else they would've done to me!" I glare at him.

"They weren't suppose to hurt you. Trust me, they were dealt with afterwards," he assures me with his dark eyes. For a second I have to stop myself from cringing away from his sinister brown eyes.

I continue to glare at him when I hear the sound of heavy footsteps coming up the walkway and Dante storms in. He takes a glance at me and when he sees the man claiming to be my brother, he glares at him as he takes a step forward to protect me.

Dante is suddenly thrown across the room and held up against the wall. It nearly makes my heart stop. It's not until I look at the man across from me that I notice him holding his hand up towards Dante using magic. He's a damn warlock. Just like my father, just like me.

The man turns to look at me and grins when he sees my worried expression. He lowers his hand and Dante falls to the ground against the wall. I glare at the man and am about to move to Dante when he finally speaks.

"So are you going to introduce us or continue glaring at me sister?" he grins and looks back over at Dante.

Dante's brows furrow as he looks at me. I shrug back at him, shaking my head, and take a step towards him.

I keep my eyes on the man who's watching me with amusement. When I finally get to Dante, I kneel down and put my hand on his, giving him a reassuring squeeze. He nods his reply, letting me know he's okay.

"What the hell is going on?" he mumbles and before I can reply, the man clears his throat.

"Well, you were rudely interrupting a family reunion," he spits and glares at Dante. Dante glares back at him and you can feel the testosterone in the room.

"Oh really now? I'm not going to apologize for being protective over my girl," Dante explains while standing. He puts a mindful arm around my waist and the man looks down at Dante's arm with a frown.

"She didn't need protecting from me, it's not like I would've hurt her. She is my dear little sister of course," he grins devilishly at Dante. I feel him stiffen next to me.

"Allegedly," I mock. The stranger averts his eyes to me. For a split second I think I see hate deep within but it quickly fades. "I don't even know your name, forgot to mention that."

"I was going to get to that during my explanation but lover boy interrupted. You sure know how to pick them Katarina," he mocks at Dante. I hear a low growl next to me.

"I'm Jason, Jason Fitzgerald. Formerly known as Jason Scott," he declares and looks back and forth between us. Once we don't reply he continues.

"You see," he starts pacing back and forth in front of us. "I didn't know who my biological father was until my mother was on her death bed. I thought for twelve years that the man who raised me was my father. An awful, horrible man who use to beat my mother and I. The man that our dear father left us with when he abandoned my mother while she was pregnant with me. At least I could say the man who raised me did something decent. He stuck around to play dear daddy when the real one was too much of a coward," he snarls as he stops to look at me. I glare at him and feel anger boiling in my blood.

"You're lying, my father would've never done something like that," I glare at him. I go to take a step forward but Dante squeezes my side. I look at him with annoyance and he's calmly watching Jason.

"Oh sister you're so naive. Now stop interrupting," he smirks, pointing a mocking finger at me.

"As I was saying, I was only twelve when I found out who my father was. I wanted so badly to find him, to be saved from that evil man. I found our grandfather Richard Fitzgerald, who was the head warlock of London at that time, explaining that I was his grandson. Of course the old man denied it because I didn't have the Fitzgerald name and his son never claimed of having a child. I offered to have my last name changed, to be a well known Fitzgerald, the legendary family of warlocks. I even offered to do a damn DNA test, but he still refused to acknowledge me. Called me a bastard child and that my late mother was nothing but a conniving whore.