|33 - The Next Chapter|

|Harper|

One Week Later

"Ethan?" I called out, "Come on, we're gonna be late!"

"Here I come!" He hurried out of his room, straightening his clothes out. Ethan was wearing a button-up, some black jeans, and stylish shoes. His hair curled perfectly on the top of his head. Sheesh; I was one lucky female. "Is this ok?"

I smirked and wrapped my arms around his neck, "You look hot as hell."

He blushed and gripped my waist, "You look even hotter." He pressed a few kisses on my neck and I tried to ignore the feeling I was getting further down.

"Don't even think about it," I rolled my eyes and lifted his head, "I told my parents we'd be there soon."

He sighed, "I'm nervous. What if they don't like me?"

"They're gonna love you," I pressed my lips to his for a few seconds, "Just trust me."

He nodded, "Okay, I'm ready."

_

Ethan and I stood on my parents' porch, hand in hand. I'd been mostly anticipating Ethan and my parents' meeting, only mostly because I knew they'd have a thousand and one questions. I'd already rung the bell and I heard footsteps getting closer. My mom opened the door and a smile spread across her face.

"Hi! It's so nice to see you!" my mom enthused and pulled me in for a hug.

"Hi, Mom!"

She pulled away and her gaze landed on Ethan, "Well, haven't you grown up!"

"You remember me?" Ethan asked, confused. I was quite confused too.

"Of course I do. I met you and your mother at one of Donny's birthday parties. You ran off to play right after."

Ethan's eyebrows shot up, "I remember now! It's nice seeing you again."

My mom pulled him in for a hug, "Come on in, not gonna make you two eat out here!" Ethan and I entered the house and I sighed happily. I was glad that I'd moved out and started adulting, but I kind of missed the place. "You guys can take a seat at the dining room table. Dinner is just about ready and Harper's father should be down in a minute."

"Okay, Mom," I smiled and she disappeared into the kitchen. Ethan pulled my chair out for me. "You didn't have to, it's fine."

"He's just being a gentleman, honey," my dad called from the archway, startling me.

"Dad, you scared me!" I ran up and hugged him. He kissed the top of my head and squeezed me a bit. "Can't... breath..."

"Sorry, sweetheart," he chuckled and let me go, "You must be Ethan."

Ethan nodded and stuck his hand out, "It's nice to meet you, sir."

My dad cracked a smile and shook Ethan's hand, "Gentleman and has manners. It's nice to meet you too, son."

"Dinner's ready!" my mother said from behind us. She had two plates in her hands already.