|19 - Fools|

|Ethan|

Harper slammed the door right in my face— she was acting like a complete bitch. I couldn't believe she'd accused Savannah of cheating. I'd known my girlfriend for years; you'd think I'd know when something was going on with her. Harper was just tripping.

I stormed to my car and texted Savannah, letting her know I was on the way to get her. We were going out on our first big date since we'd gotten back together and I'd made reservations at a restaurant we liked. She replied to my text saying she was ready so I started the car and headed her way.

On my way there, I calmed down a bit and started thinking about Harper. I shouldn't have said she was a bitch— she looked so hurt when I had. I didn't want to believe what she'd said, but what reason did she have to lie about something so serious? Then again, she showed me no evidence.

I sighed and pushed the thoughts aside. I was thinking about her too much before going on a date with my girlfriend; I felt guilty. Plus, Savannah and I were doing pretty good at the moment.

_

I pulled up out front of Savannah's place and texted her to say I was there. I liked the house she stayed in, but when I decided to move out of my parents' house she wasn't exactly up for me staying with her. I didn't understand why, but I didn't want to upset her by questioning it. Savannah wasn't someone you wanted to upset, and I didn't wanna lose her. I loved her, even though she was a fucking handful and a half.

I watched as she sauntered to the car in a little black dress and black heels. Damn, she was definitely getting dick later. I got out to open her car door.

"Hey, baby. You look amazing," I said and she leaned up to peck my lips before getting in the car.

"Thanks, babe," She put on her seatbelt and I shut the door. I always gave her compliments because I wanted to. I didn't receive them from her that often, but it was whatever. I hopped in the car and turned on one of her favorite songs before we drove off.

_

"Reservation for Cutkosky," I said to the host.

"Right this way," he smiled and led us to a table. I pulled Savannah's chair out for her and took my seat. "Your waiter will be with you momentarily."

The host left and a waiter came to our table. "Hello, I'm Chris and I'll be your server tonight. Can I start you off with drinks?" He placed our menus on the table. I smiled at Savannah, nodding for her to go first.

"I'll have water," she said and smiled.

"And I'll have pink lemonade."

"I'll be right back with those," Chris smiled and walked away. Savannah and I picked up our menus.

"What are you thinking about ordering?" I asked as I skimmed down the list of meals.

"I think I'm gonna get this salad," She turned her menu briefly to show me, "What about you?"

"That looks good. And I'm gonna get this steak, it looks so good," My mouth was practically watering just looking at it. The waiter came back with our drinks. "Thank you."