|25 - Belongings|

|Harper|

"I don't think they're supposed to look like that..." I said, looking down at the tray of yellow blobs in front of me.

"I think you're right," Ethan sighed and pulled the oven mitt off of his hand. We'd followed — or tried to follow — a recipe for sugar cookies I found on Google, but the inedible things on the cookie sheet looked nothing like ones in the picture. "We could always just eat Oreos."

I scoffed, "You would say that. I really thought these were gonna be bomb."

"Hey, it was just our first try. They'll be perfect next time. Soooo, Oreos?"

"You're lucky you're so cute," I smiled and kissed him, "Go start our show. I'm gonna throw these out."

"Okay, baby," Ethan scurried into the living room and I dumped the so-called cookies into the garbage. I put the tray in the sink and grabbed the Oreos out of the pantry before plopping down next to Ethan. He pressed play on the remote, wrapped his arm around me, and we got comfortable as the episode of our new show, Dexter, started.

_

I breathed in harshly and stretched my legs out as I woke up.

"No- You can just send the stuff in the mail. I don- Okay... Whatever," I heard Ethan saying. I looked up and saw him on the phone in the kitchen, annoyance all over his face, "Fine. Bye."

"Baby?"

His head snapped in my direction and he came back into the living room, "Hey, I'm sorry if I interrupted your nap."

I shook my head, "It's fine. Is everything alright?"

He sighed, "Some of my shit is still at Savannah's apartment and she just called to tell me she was throwing it out if I didn't come get it."

I sat up and frowned, "Wasn't she blocked? And what did you leave over there?"

"Called me from a different number, and a bunch of stuff. I really just wanted my Revenge hoodie, but it's whatever I guess."

"No. We're gonna go get your stuff so she can leave you alone," I got up and grabbed my keys off of the table. I was most definitely coming along. "If she tries anything, I'll beat her ass. Simple."

"Okay, you're definitely staying in the car."

_

"This one," Ethan said and pointed at a house that looked like it was out of a magazine. I was honestly shocked; I had no idea Savannah had money like that. I pulled up out front of the nice place and Ethan hopped out of the car, "I'll be right back."

I watched as he walked up to the front door and rang the bell. A few moments later, Savannah opened the door. They said a few things that I obviously couldn't hear to each other and she stood aside so he could go in. She went inside behind him and closed the door. Good call. If I so much as saw her make one slighly angry gesture, I feared I'd lose it on her ass.

I hadn't wanted to stay in the car, but Ethan knew it wasn't safe for her if I was around. Plus, I wasn't really up for going to jail, so. As long as she didn't pull anything, I'd be calm. I was just happy that this was the last time either of us would have to deal with her.