|31 - Birthday Love (1)|

|Harper|

"Eth! Wake up!" I exclaimed, pouncing on Ethan's bed.

"Hmm? What?" Ethan grumbled and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"It's your birthday!"

He groaned and turned onto his back, closing his eyes again, "I wanna sleep."

"It's almost 11:30, Ethan. Come on, get up," He didn't respond, he just kept his eyes shut. "Baby," I threw one leg over him and straddled his waist. It was the biggest move I'd made since we'd gotten back together. We actually took things slow this time around. His bruises were healed and I was finally ready for us to get back to normal. I knew he was too.

Ethan blinked his eyes open quickly and he placed his hands on my hips, "I'm awake now."

I leaned down to peck him on the lips, "It's time to get up and get dressed."

He groaned, "Get dressed for what? I told you guys I didn't want a party."

"Doesn't mean we're doing nothing today," I got off of him and hopped off of the bed. I had things planned already. Ethan sighed and sat up. He pulled the covers back.

"Well, since it is my birthday, I do believe birthday sex is on the table," he smirked and gestured toward his morning wood.

"Nice try. Now get up and get dressed!" I smirked and left the room. I heard a groan and his feet hit the floor.

_

"So, where are we going?" Ethan asked for the third time. He was acting like a big baby the whole ride.

"We're almost there."

He sighed, "You said that two minutes ago."

"Exactly, so stop asking and just enjoy the ride," I turned the radio up a bit and grabbed his hand. He leaned his head back on the headrest. We approached our destination and I saw a smile grow on Ethan's face out of my peripheral.

"The skate park?" he asked when I parked the car.

"Yeah, I know you love it here. Figured you'd like this more than sitting at home."

He leaned over in his seat to kiss me, "Thank you. I love this."

"Of course, now come on!" We hopped out of the car excitedly. I was honestly psyched about being there too. I hadn't skated in ages.

"Wait, our boards are at home," Ethan said and I could sense disappointment. I popped the trunk of the car to reveal both of our skateboards.

"Put them in here last night so the surprise wouldn't get ruined," I smirked.

"Slick move, Harp," Ethan smirked back and grabbed the boards. I shut the trunk and he handed my board to me. "I'm about to bust your ass."

I chuckled, "Yeah, sure you are."

"You may be able to beat me in UNO, but not at skating."