|2 - You Stole My Skateboard!|

|Harper|

Alyssa, Donny, and I had made a couple more trips from the truck to our apartment. The only things that were still in the truck were my bed and my dresser.

"So, where's your buddy?" I asked Adonis, looking at the remaining items in the U-Haul.

"Yeah, cause I'm so not lifting that heavy ass dresser," Alyssa whined.

Adonis' phone started ringing in his pants pocket, so he answered it. "What's up? Yeah, we're in the parking lot... Alright," He shoved the phone back into his pocket, "He's pulling up."

Sure enough, a black car pulled into the lot and parked next to my car. A guy, a lot shorter than Donny, hopped out and shut his car door.

"Hey," he spoke as he approached us. "I'm Ethan," he said to me directly. The deepness of his voice caught me off guard— I wasn't expecting it to be deep at all. Now that he was closer I could examine his oddly familiar features.

His hair was dark brown, grown out, and curled at the ends. His eyes were big and bluish-green, and those long eyelashes brushed over his cheeks every time he blinked. I stared at his lips the longest; they were pink, plump, and I could totally see myself biting-

"Earth to Harper," Alyssa said, breaking me out of a trance. A smirk formed on Ethan's face. Shit, he'd noticed how hard I was checking him out.

"So," I started, breaking the awkward silence, "The furniture isn't gonna move itself."

Adonis rolled his eyes and started talking to Ethan while they helped each other lift my dresser. They carried it towards the building and out of our sight.

"I know that face, Harper," Alyssa raised a brow.

"What do you mean? What face?" I knew exactly what she was talking about because she knew me like the back of her hand, and probably better than I knew myself.

"I know what you're thinking, but Donny told me he has a girlfriend."

I sighed, "It's not a big deal, I don't like him or anything, he's attractive." I meant that. I'd literally just met him. He was hot though... and still familiar as hell.

"Just thought you should know."

"And I want you to know that nothing's gonna happen between us. Now help me carry this inside," I gestured toward my mattress. She shook her head and grabbed one end of it.

We managed to get it off of the truck, but the wind was making it wobble in our arms. My small ass was about to get blown away before I felt a different pair of hands over mine.

"Don't worry, I got it," Ethan said as he helped steady the mattress. Instead of acting like my usual tough self and still trying to carry it, I just let him take over and carry it in with Adonis on the other side. Shit.

_

"Finally," Alyssa sighed as she plopped down onto the couch. Everything was moved into my room and my furniture was set up the way I wanted.

"There any water bottles in the fridge?" I asked her. She nodded, so I went and grabbed four. Adonis and Ethan were sitting at the kitchen island, so I handed them each a water bottle first.