hands : markbam

mark didn't know what it was, but being in korea, he needed to hold someone's hand to fall asleep.

yugyeom, who mark often shared a room with, usually would hold mark's hand until the elder fell asleep but yugyeom had a boyfriend now so that wouldn't work out anymore.

not that jinyoung wasn't understanding but mark also knew that jinyoung wanted to cuddle with yugyeom instead of waiting for yugyeom to get done holding another boy's hand to join him.

when jinyoung and yugyeom started dating, yugyeom and bambam agreed to switch rooms which meant mark's new roommate was bambam.

bambam was one of the clingiest members but mark didn't know if he would be able to build up the courage to ask him to hold his hand because mark had had a crush on the younger for years.

"mark," bambam said softly, crawling on the elder's bed, waiting for him to tail his ear buds out, "mark, can i sleep in your bed, tonight?"

"sure, bambam. why?"

"i usually sleep with jinyoung because i'm afraid of the dark. i'll get used to it but just for tonight, can i sleep with you?"

"of course. get ready for bed." mark closed all of the apps open on his phone before setting it on his bed side table. he scooted over, making sure bambam would have room when he left the bathroom.

bambam shyly lifted mark's blanket and slid in next to him. "thank you, mark."

"you can sleep here whenever you want," mark assured, watching bambam lean over and turn off the light.

"can i hold your hand? it helps me not have nightmares." mark, extremely relieved, nodded and found bambam's hand under the covers. "goodnight."

"night, bam."

despite bambam saying it would just be a night, sleeping the in the same bed and holding hands became a nightly tradition for the two.

mark finally admitted to bambam that he needed to hold someone's hand to fall asleep which made bambam feel better about invading his bed every night.

once night, before bed, bambam sat on mark's bed and stared at the elder until he finally asked what bambam was doing.

"what if we... cuddle?" bambam asked, his voice barley audible because he would hate for mark to reject his idea and then it would be awkward and he'd have to sleep in his own bed.

"you want to cuddle. we can cuddle."

"okay! i'll get ready for bed!" bambam flew into the bathroom, nearly running into the wall on his way. he quickly did his nightly ritual before he was speed walking to mark's bed, not forgetting to turn on the night light mark had gotten for him on the way.

mark lifted the blankets and held open his arms for bambam to climb into, to which the boy gladly accepted.

"goodnight, mark," bambam said, his cheek pressed against mark's chest.

"goodnight, bambam," mark replied, playing with bambam's hair.

a few weeks later, neither went to sleep without a goodnight kiss from each other. mark loved the feeling of bambam's lips after he'd put lip balm on.

a month later, they didn't go to sleep without telling each other that they loved each other.

"i love you, markie," bambam said, nuzzling his face into mark's neck and leaving a kiss there.

"i love you, bambam."

it wasn't until weeks later that they finally made their relationship official, even to each other.