Catching flights

Magsimula sa umpisa

A: "it's still so surreal to see you and I mean, somewhere else but in my dreams." Gosh... did she really said that?

Both Shawn and I burst into a laughter.
R: "Girl... Stop fancying my man. He is off the market."

A: "O MY GOD..."- she screams loudly. "Are you guys official?."

Shawn smiles at me as he waits for my decision. Do I want everyone to know? But on the other hand, it's my best friend we are talking about. She has the right to know what is going on in my life.

R: "yeah..."- I say shyly. "He asked me to be his girlfriend at the New Year's Eve party yesterday."

A: "O MY GOD..."- she screams again. Thank God Shawn doesn't have any neighbors, otherwise they would have come complaining about the noise disturbance for sure. "That is sooo freak romantic."

"Jesus Christ babe."- My heart stops as I hear the familiar voice on the other side. "Why are you screaming so loudly?."

A: "Umm..."- Anna's faces falls as she quickly look at me, to see my reaction. "I am calling with Rose."

"Oo..." this is the first time in a very, very long time that I hear Seth's voice again. Suck it op Rose... this is getting awkward.

R: "Hi... Seth." Shawn sits up a little as I speak out his name.

Anna slowly turns the camera to Seth. The guy who appears on my screen, doesn't look at all like the guy I dated 2 years back. Sure, I see some similarities but time surely changed him. His hair is a bit lighter, he has a more defined bone structure in his face. He looks like a grown up man.

S: "Hey Rose. Long time no see. Umm how have you been?." Luckily, he finds this just as awkward as I do. Somehow that makes me feel less uncomfortable.

R: "I am good. What about you?."

S: "yeah slowly getting better every day since my dad passed away last year." O yeah Seth's dad... I always knew that his father had a big influence on Seth and not in a good way. His father wasn't a good man. Not at all. He was an alcoholic and addicted to drugs. Seth and his sister grew up in a house full of violence.

R: "Yes, I have heard. Sorry for your loss." Of course I knew. Amsterdam is like a big anthill. Nothing can stay a secret for long. Everyone and everybody knows anything about each other.

S: "It's okay. It was probably for the best." Yeah... I think so too. Sounds harsh, I know but you didn't knew Seth's father. I am not ashamed to admit that I was scared shitless for that guy. "Anna told me that you moved to New York."

R: "yeah. As soon as I had the chance to get away, I took it."

S: "you always talked about living there." Okay... I am not really in the mood to reminisce about the past with him. "Seth, this is Shawn. My boyfriend."

S: "Hi dude. I heard so much about you." Shawn says with a natural facial expression. Nothing like how he normally greets people. Shawn isn't cold or harsh but I can understand his coldness towards him. If he told me stories about a girl who hurt him in the past, I would probably have reacted the same way.

S: "wow... hey man! I didn't expected that Rose was actually dating you, when Anna told me. I thought she meant in her head."

Without laughing or even giving Seth a little smile, Shawn nods his head.
S: "Oo no, she is. Thanks by the way for letting such an amazing girl go. She otherwise wouldn't be here today." Did he really just said that? Okay, time to cut this conversation short.

R: "Okay, well... we are going to watch our movie further. I will talk to you later, Ann."

A: "Okay. Sure."- just by looking at Anna, I know that Shawn his comment upset her. "Bye Rosie. Bye Shawn." And with that she hangs up the call.